Open Ticket

Just sent in writing my application to have the open condition on my rifles.

Just wondered from other people's experience how long it is likely to take to get an answer?

And do they phone me or pay me a visit to let me know the decision? Or just post my new

Certificate through or my old one depending on their decision?

I am under South Yorkshire Police

Thanks, Kieren.

you send in your ticket with a covering letter and if they grant it comes back open if not your old one will be returned and an explanation given as to why its been refused this could be in the form of a letter,phone call or visit dependant on the force and flo concerned

Yu be waiting a long time if under South Yorkshire talking to my feo from West Yorkshire other day over some land passing on border between north and South Yorkshire he said he would pass to North Yorkshire as South Yorkshire in meltdown and closing some offices down

Firearms licensing is so random. I was on a new permission in South Bucks with my local F.O. for him to pass it for rimfire. I'd had my license for three years and he suggested I go to an open ticket. I sent in my license with a covering letter and got back the open one within weeks. Sounds like it's a lot harder these days to get anything done. When I changed areas to Berkshire, it took prompting from Bucks to get a visit from the new F.O., who tried to get me to reduce the amount of ammo I held. Maybe I just had a good F.O. in Bucks.

Sorry pal mines for first application not open ticket request, but yeah I sent all permissions with application + print off from google maps.

One of Lad's I go out with had his open ticket past last year, he was losing too many jobs with delay of land checks etc, went straight through with south Yorkshire.mate.

Hope you get it sorted :thumbs: