This country sucks

A few years ago my husband and i thought about moving to new zealand he was in a job he hated,but he managed to find another 1 that he enjoys so that idea was put to bed.

But now with bans for this and that ,foot and mouth and the state of farming it has got me thinking again maybe it is time to leave. we have some family in canada and also a few friends in new zealand.

The only thing that is really keeping us here is family as we are both close to them

Has anyone else thought like this or actually have moved?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago my husband and i thought about moving to new zealand he was in a job he hated,but he managed to find another 1 that he enjoys so that idea was put to bed.

But now with bans for this and that ,foot and mouth and the state of farming it has got me thinking again maybe it is time to leave. we have some family in canada and also a few friends in new zealand.

The only thing that is really keeping us here is family as we are both close to them

Has anyone else thought like this or actually have moved?

moved to france 3 years ago.not as far as new zealand :D .best thing we ever done.go for it.uks

a shit hole.

Guest markbrick1

i did the aus thing 12 yrs over there,but was glad to get home,now we are going to nz it wont be till next yr but were of,iam an aussi resident and have 2 aussi daughters livin here with me so there will be no problem,mark and yes iam takin some of the dogs

Guest oldskool

i went for a trip to oz about 3 years ago... it was ok for a short trip but i wouldnt like to live there!! when i went out it was just to test the water for a potential immagration! after a few months i found that there is no place like home lol..

Guest Ditch_Shitter

F*ck Family and 'friends' ~ they can get web cams. Don't let Any selfish b*stard hold ye back and drag ye down with them. Just Get Out.

If they're so bothered, they can do it too.

The voice of experience ;)

If I was going to another country it would probably be Canada!! its mighty bigger than this shit hole with a whole lot less population. just think living there you could roam for miles without seeing a soul, Wonderfull!! the only thing that would bother me is the winters which aparantly get down to -25 at times :blink:.....

:) Yep, we ve thought about it time and time again, because of the ban and everything associated.

It was going to be France until we learned its against the French law to hunt anything with a Longdog.Hounds in packs only and guns, something to do I think with the revolution.

Then it was going to be Ireland as you can hunt hare there with permission, Ireland 15 years ago was a very different place to what it is now, everything is so expensive now, and like here its a rat race.

So although they are both beautiful countries neither place is for us or our dogs, so we just keep our heads down .It makes no sense here that thousands of hare are shot every year but one dog one hare is not allowed.But not a lot of things make sense in Britain of late.

If you do leave I really hope you make good somewhere else. :clapper: