Sire For My Greyhound Bitch.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would you HAVE to go back to a pure greyhound?? Why not a 3/4 bred or a line bred coursing dog?? A greyhound brings nothing to the table except speed imo. I would sacrifice a little speed every ti

Put in the miles and ask cleanspade if you can use his wheaten whippet

A greyhound should only be used to start a base. ie first x. After that lurcher to lurcher imo

Posted Images

this greyhound is going to be crossed to a german imported straight backed german shepherd she is open race class just under three years old father was droopys vierei grandfather was west mead hawk .she stands about 26 at the shoulder a good quality bitch .turned her head on the track so was got at a good price. due in season feb march 2015.will be posting pictures of her pups hopefully next year

post-96435-0-11674800-1410703208_thumb.jpg

post-96435-0-91430700-1410703237_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

this greyhound is going to be crossed to a german imported straight backed german shepherd she is open race class just under three years old father was droopys vierei grandfather was west mead hawk .she stands about 26 at the shoulder a good quality bitch .turned her head on the track so was got at a good price. due in season feb march 2015.will be posting pictures of her pups hopefully next year

She looks like a nice bitch.

Personally speaking id not breed from a greyhound bitch,would have and did a long while ago.The problem is that some of the pups will throw to much to the bitch,in reality that is beset with all manner of problems,especially hunting ones,Greyhounds are not up to the task,or standard of an honest lurcher,neither are to many first crosses that throw to the Greyhound,not all.If its an undertaking with more emphasis on what may be produced from the second generation breeding and hunting potential,then id possibly give it a go,if its done to produce honest hunting jukels then id give it a miss and source an honest lurcher to lurcher combo,something that's been tried and tested and will give better results.If you just want a litter from the bitch and like the majority of folk,your hunting lifestyle is not that serious,then id source an honest grafting sire that matches your hunting lifestyle and terrain,then take a pup that throws to the sire.

• Like 1

MAX HARDCORE.sneezzy bentley grade S2 tho i have been told she was open race at peterborough.MORTON. i dont honestly think that a lurcher to a greyhound is ever going to have the power stamina bone coat and brains of a genuine first cross gsd.or cxg or lab xg in a couple of years time these pups god willing will be just starting to work and i will be inviteing sceptics out. .the proof of the pudding is in the eating .LOOK UP .turning head means fighting or obstructing another dog i belive another dog was banned as well.i have over the years bred this cross and none of them have ever been to greyhoundy

• Like 1

STABBA.in any lurcher to lurcher cross you have to go back to a base line of greyhound if to cur like .or collie gsd lab or some other breed to strengthen up a weak line .i only have to go to a lurcher show to see that most .lurcher to lurcher crosses are far to greyhoundy with very little coat .most look like they have just come off off the track .people moan about broken toes muscle problems thin coats lack of stamina brains etc all of this is caused by being to greyhoundy .if people bred dxg xcg or labxg xcxg .bulxgxcg sal xg xcg salxg xbulg or something on similar lines the power strength stamina would be maintained.but most people dont they keep on crossing bitsa dogs and end end up with oversized whippets .with all of the injuries associated with bad breeding .i would rather have a ist cross lurcher which can run all night has brains good strong feet and bone and a decent coat .than a dog with the speed of a greyhound less stamina a thin coat weak feet and low iq which is so weakly put toghether it breaks toes hits fences or is one of the vets best revenue earners .there are some very well bred lurcher to lurcher crosses .but they are usaully the result of two first crosses being combined .bits a lurchers will due to the strong dominance of the long dog blood become to weak and to greyhoundy over time

• Like 3

What makes you think she's open race class ledburn?

As far as I can make out she has never ran an open race and her highest graded win was in S3 and A4, hardly open class.

This is her card.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?l=1960886

MAX HARDCORE.sneezzy bentley grade S2 tho i have been told she was open race at peterborough.MORTON. i dont honestly think that a lurcher to a greyhound is ever going to have the power stamina bone coat and brains of a genuine first cross gsd.or cxg or lab xg in a couple of years time these pups god willing will be just starting to work and i will be inviteing sceptics out. .the proof of the pudding is in the eating .LOOK UP .turning head means fighting or obstructing another dog i belive another dog was banned as well.i have over the years bred this cross and none of them have ever been to greyhoundy

No other dogs were disqualified in the race, see below.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?r=3589929

All the best with the future litter, sure we'll read about their progress.

Edited by tote

Tote it makes little difference to me .the blood is there.i have seen her card the highest grade I could find her in is S2 .she is a very nicely bred greyhound.i am confident this greyhound has the right credentials .i realised you wanted her race name so that you could find fault with her.in a couple of years time this litter will be ready to run then we will see how they have thrown until such time it is all in the lap of the gods and the genetic slot machine