• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

two young uns for next year. litter bro n sister

1 or 2 of mine, not kc, but jrcgb

I try and keep them right ..Old age has buggered me now though so it will be a sad day when I have to give them up ....Nice to look at them now and look back 40 odd years and they are just the same a

Posted Images

To be honest mate if your torn between a parson or plummer and looks is whats the difference then theres not really any advice

worth listening to, its up to you and cosmetics is the bottom line.... iam not going to mention the plummers cos I don't know a great deal

about them apart from there excellent ratters. parsons well to me there your allrounder , if you want to go down the pure route youll have

to do your own homework.... it wont be hard to get info... under ground russels and only under ground russells day in day out wont have kc papers

but they might have a mix of worker from other breeds ... so seek and you shall find, eventually !

I probably worded my last post wrong. I am more than happy to travel to the bottom of the country or even into Ireland if needs must for the right dog etc. After having read up on both breeds it would appear that I will just have to have a good think about how much earth work I plan on doing and make a decision from there. The good side is I am sure I want either a plummer or a parsons. :)

I've really never understood the name 'Parson Russell', why can't they just be good 'ol fashioned 'Jack Russell', because thats all they really are and like any other type, some were nicer lookin than others, big deal, didn't need to give 'em a daft name..!

Never heard the term Parson in front of Russell until a few years ago.

Anyways, without doing a search Google or thumbing through a book, wasn't it the Reverend John (Jack) Russell who the breed is named after...

Is a Parson and a Reverend the same?

What the feck has a Parson got to do with it anyway?

Why couldn't the twerp who started calling them Parson Russell's call 'em reverend Russell's instead..?

:doh:

I've really never understood the name 'Parson Russell', why can't they just be good 'ol fashioned 'Jack Russell', because thats all they really are and like any other type, some were nicer lookin than others, big deal, didn't need to give 'em a daft name..!

Anyways, without doing a search Google or thumbing through a book, wasn't it the Reverend John (Jack) Russell who the breed is named after...

Why couldn't the twerp who started calling them Parson Russell's call 'em reverend Russell's instead..?

Your guess is as good as mine mate. :)

thats easy bosun. once they registered the PARSON JACK RUSSELL. they had to distance it from the identical JACK RUSSELL. otherwise everyone would have bought the identical unregistered jack russell for half the price :thumbs: . after these JACK RUSSELLS were regd they where still overlooked by folk trying to get identical terriers for a keener price.making them hard to shift. hence a second name change. taking the JACK. out of the JACK RUSSELL. and replacing it with parson. this seems to have helped with moving the overpriced JACK RUSSELLS on. :laugh: .as PARSON RUSSELLS. hope this clears thing up for you :D .......................................................................................................................................................................

i could have just wrote it was money that was the reason. but thats to easy. ;)

• Like 3

To be honest mate if your torn between a parson or plummer and looks is whats the difference then theres not really any advice

worth listening to, its up to you and cosmetics is the bottom line.... iam not going to mention the plummers cos I don't know a great deal

about them apart from there excellent ratters. parsons well to me there your allrounder , if you want to go down the pure route youll have

to do your own homework.... it wont be hard to get info... under ground russels and only under ground russells day in day out wont have kc papers

but they might have a mix of worker from other breeds ... so seek and you shall find, eventually !

Talking shite mate a bit of paper means fook all as far as works concerned

• Like 5

sorry mate if you think iam talking shite, but "parson russells" only seem to be called parsons if there kc reg. I have had em with

papers heythrope lines chapman lines.. but like I said before and stand by it the ones that did the biz better were just russels with a dash

of other blood still russells to me though. but hey ive never seen every kc one work just giving my opinion . ;)

Well most of mine are KC but I dont always register the full litter so the ones that I register wont work the ones I dont register will ??Heythrope stuffs not been worked for years Eddie still produce workers if you choose right ..1:Braintree-20110414-00024.jpg] KC regpost-2037-0-36447900-1386098487.jpgKCregpost-2037-0-50067900-1386098520.jpgKC regpost-2037-0-25601900-1386098571.jpg KC reg Just a few I own and bred all KC there you go

post-2037-0-92983300-1386098448_thumb.jpg

• Like 6