The Problem Of Not Being Able To Locate Your Main Mole Run And Using New Traps!

the grey feckers aint barely worth the price of a trapped mole :laugh::laugh:

i work on about 2/3rds of my traps catch like today i had 14 traps in horrid stony rocky soil and got 9 moles this is the kind of results i exspect ive had 18 moles from 20 traps in meadow ground with non sprung.......their is nothing makes me swear more than a empty sprung trap!

At the risk of sounding dumb here.......but why is there such a demand for mole control on such ground?

to be honest......i dont know eather!! i saw him at a show in the summer in the beer tent and he asked me their and i thought he was a bit pissed so thought nowt off it.....then about 3 week back he saw me at the auctions and told me to come up when i can! ive caught a lot of moles in the valley and to see it you would be amazed they want them gone,but then they have all known me since i was in primary shool so may be that too :icon_redface:

Lol...I was waiting for an answer that made me look stupid...........fair enough mate....

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified. then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work &amp

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.   But qualification

Personaly,..I don't give a feck who kills what,..be it Moles, Deers or Shushis,...   As for qualifications,.well,.I tried to become a certificated Mowdy Man,..but,.I'm just too fecking dumb,...I d

It's not going to be possible to remove all soil from all mole hills and it would be a huge waste of time Like I said it's not guaranteed the soil from the mole hill definitely contains clostridium or listeria. But it could do. If the land doesn't have any livestock kick em down mate. I personally don't like the idea of kicking potentially bacterially infected soil over pasture where livestock are grazing.

everything we touch is near enough covered in bacteria, its as much apart of life as we are, most healthy things are not affected maybe thats natures reason for its existence

the grey feckers aint barely worth the price of a trapped mole :laugh::laugh:

i work on about 2/3rds of my traps catch like today i had 14 traps in horrid stony rocky soil and got 9 moles this is the kind of results i exspect ive had 18 moles from 20 traps in meadow ground with non sprung.......their is nothing makes me swear more than a empty sprung trap!

At the risk of sounding dumb here.......but why is there such a demand for mole control on such ground?

to be honest......i dont know eather!! i saw him at a show in the summer in the beer tent and he asked me their and i thought he was a bit pissed so thought nowt off it.....then about 3 week back he saw me at the auctions and told me to come up when i can! ive caught a lot of moles in the valley and to see it you would be amazed they want them gone,but then they have all known me since i was in primary shool so may be that too :icon_redface:

Lol...I was waiting for an answer that made me look stupid...........fair enough mate....

no such thing as a stupid question only stupid answers!

im quite interested as to why would the sensory hairs on a moles tail affect trapping, if your trap is set correctly the moles tail should never touch anywhere near the trap, also traps can catch in all areas of a moles workings, just some areas catch quicker and better than others , most of my former customers were bothered by, grass covered with soil, the land looking a mess and listerosis in sheep and cattle and harrowed the fields after they were trapped , the rain washing any soil back into the ground , stopping siliage spoiling , when anials graze they will take in a small amount of soil every day i would imagine, so weather that could affect them , i wouldnt know,

• Like 1

I didn't say the sensory hairs (vibrasasse) would touch or sense the trap! But in some cases sloppy trap laying or the slightest change in the tunnel structure the mole will pick it up and back fill the trap. For example when tamping down the tunnel floor a slight gauge could be taken out of the tunnel roof along the tunnel before the trap area, and the mole could pick this up.

Yes they can catch in all areas of a moles working but why would you waste a trap in a "maybe" spot when you could put it in a "definately" spot! Common sense isn't it!

Good to see you know why you're catching them though and you can put ya arguement forward when asked by the furry lovers why you trap moles.

Mate,

This obviously isn’t my site and it’s not up to me what people post on the net, but do you not think your customers (or more to the point my customers) plus a lot of have-a-go cowboys might be reading this?

I’m sure we’re all terribly imprested with your mole catching knowledge but what is the point of publishing a ‘how to’ manual without anyone even asking for advice on the subject.

This actually sounds an awful lot more argumentative than I meant it be, but surely I’ve got a point?

What dose everyone else think?

:yes:@ Mr Muddy....

Edited by Phil Lloyd

In MMK’s defence; if I didn’t think he knew what he was talking about I wouldn’t have bothered pulling him up about it.

Anyway, for future reference, if anyone wants to catch moles they will need to use:

Sonic mole chasers.

Scissor traps stuck in the side of molehills.

Exhaust from the lawn mower.

Garlic bulbs.

Motor oil.

Paper windmills in the lawn

Glass, razor blades and other shit stuffed down the hole.

Hose pipe down the hole.

Oh yes, and those plastic traps that look like a bit of drain pipe.

I think that’s molecatching advice sorted. Do let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by Mr Muddy
  • Like 1

In MMK’s defence; if I didn’t think he knew what he was talking about I wouldn’t have bothered pulling him up about it.

Anyway, for future reference, if anyone wants to catch moles they will need to use:

Sonic mole chasers.

Garlic bulbs.

Motor oil.

Hose pipe down the hole.

Diesel rags/ferret shit and a hose pipe

i have seen some sloppy set traps catch moles in the past, i always tinkered with trap to make them more efficient, some catch using them straight off the shelf, no one is right or wrong, if it works for them , then fine,

i have literally dug a place up to get a trap in and still caught, there are no definates and no maybe,s in setting traps, some catch better and faster, some dont, there are times when you have to look outside the box to get the job done, just cos it works for you moleman kent, dont mean its the only way

• Like 1

Sonic mole chasers.

Garlic bulbs.

Motor oil.

Hose pipe down the hole.

no what you have to do is this

get a fruit cake and some boiled eggs

open up a run and put a bit of cake and a half a boiled egg in the run at 12 every day for 6 days

then on the 7th day just put the half a boiled egg in

and when he comes up looking for his cake............hit it with a spade :laugh:

• Like 3