The Problem Of Not Being Able To Locate Your Main Mole Run And Using New Traps!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi mmk i'm not being mouthy just reading & taking things in. your post from 21 November extremely cheep & fully qualified. then you say your a rail man & do mole catching after work &amp

Public liability insurance is an absolute must around anything to do with traps. Without it, if someone sues you you’re buggered, whether you’re just at it for beer money or not.   But qualification

Personaly,..I don't give a feck who kills what,..be it Moles, Deers or Shushis,...   As for qualifications,.well,.I tried to become a certificated Mowdy Man,..but,.I'm just too fecking dumb,...I d

Mr Muddy:

"Also are you suggesting that the soil from the molehills should be removed from the site if there are livestock or horses present?"

Most of the harmful bacteria in mole hills are anaerobic bacteria. Which means they normally live without oxygen present. Speaking as a farmer, it is considered good practice to keep livestock away from chain harrowed molehills for 24 hours. The theory is that when the soil is scattered and the bacteria are exposed to oxygen, most of the harmful ones slowly die off.

If mole hills get included in silage they are then stored in anaerobic conditions allowing the bacteria to thrive.

Another thing to be aware of is that tetanus can live in anaerobic soil mixed with sheep or cattle manure. So it is sensible to get your shots.

Edited by Plank

And also in my defence there's load of information on mole catching on the internet and in books across the country so if someone was adamant on getting some tips I'm sure they could find them.

I do not think you need a defence. As I see it the point of this website is to share best practice between trappers. That is why there are so many trapping tips in the archives, including all the ones you mentioned. Also why it hosts trapping articles on various subjects. To me a bunch of lads congratuating themselves on not telling anyone anything, other than how great they are, is one of the most boring things I can imagine.

• Like 1

everything we touch is near enough covered in bacteria, its as much apart of life as we are, most healthy things are not affected maybe thats natures reason for its existence

For every human cell in your body there are ten times as many microbes.

http://tinyurl.com/cjpae4b

:D

What's this? R2 factoids lol

It is no good asking me about R2 - I am under 35.

everything we touch is near enough covered in bacteria, its as much apart of life as we are, most healthy things are not affected maybe thats natures reason for its existence

For every human cell in your body there are ten times as many microbes.

http://tinyurl.com/cjpae4b

:D

What's this? R2 factoids lol

It is no good asking me about R2 - I am under 35.

:laugh::thumbs:

Plank- amen! I'm glad you understand about anaerobic bacteria and livestock problems! I agree with what you are saying aboutt a forum is for swapping advice, but on the other hand the guys are right in what they're saying, there may be cowboys trying to give it ago.

Unfortunealty that's why mole catching is becoming a scarcer trade because mole catchers don't want anyone else knowing their secrets or tips.

Thanks for the comments :)

Mr Muddy:

"Also are you suggesting that the soil from the molehills should be removed from the site if there are livestock or horses present?"

Most of the harmful bacteria in mole hills are anaerobic bacteria. Which means they normally live without oxygen present. Speaking as a farmer, it is considered good practice to keep livestock away from chain harrowed molehills for 24 hours. The theory is that when the soil is scattered and the bacteria are exposed to oxygen, most of the harmful ones slowly die off.

If mole hills get included in silage they are then stored in anaerobic conditions allowing the bacteria to thrive.

Another thing to be aware of is that tetanus can live in anaerobic soil mixed with sheep or cattle manure. So it is sensible to get your shots.

Thanks Plank,

This is exactly the type of post I look forward to reading on here, informative without just showing off, no real use to cowboys and adding something (in this case the 24 hour exclusion) to my own knowledge.

With regard to sharing tips, yes it’s important to share tips among your peers and it can’t be right to take knowledge to the grave with you. But I also think it’s important not to tell every single thing to everyone and possibly deprive yourself of work.

It’s a very, very fine line and I don’t always know where it is myself, but it does exist and I’m sure it’s the same in any business.

i cant remember any rules telling me the idea of this website was to share tips, hints or best practice or anything else for that matter, people come on thl for many different reasons, some good , some not so good

facts you cant find rules on here about why anyone is on , someone said before , the website is for best practice , bla bla bla, its not, its for whatever you want, some folk like to make brash statements, some talk utter shit, some like to wind others up, some just bitch, some sell , some sit back and read, its up to the individual what they do, i have as much right to post as you do, i also have the right to tell you when i think your wrong , as you do to me

• Like 2