• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more bedy crosses

A few more some of my mates bedy fells

100%  digging  beddy/fell

Posted Images

Agree with most of what's been said finding the right pup is the biggest challenge , try make sure see parents doing what you want. Plenty of bullshitters and money men in the breed to stay clear of. I've not seen a different breed hunt on top like a beddy and when you get a good un they will hold there own as a earth dog. Wouldn't say there bolting dogs though

• Haha 1

Agree with most of what's been said finding the right pup is the biggest challenge , try make sure see parents doing what you want. Plenty of bullshitters and money men in the breed to stay clear of. I've not seen a different breed hunt on top like a beddy and when you get a good un they will hold there own as a earth dog. Wouldn't say there bolting dogs though

Mine are most certainly bolters,a thing that many modern terriers now seem to lack,yet what most where originally bred to do?.

bedlingtons of old were always know as mute hard killers defo not bolting dogs but as i said before see some bedlingtons work take your time do your homework theres far to many will take your cash for some inferior thing thats a million miles away from any work

• Like 1

bedlingtons of old were always know as mute hard killers defo not bolting dogs but as i said before see some bedlingtons work take your time do your homework theres far to many will take your cash for some inferior thing thats a million miles away from any work

Some may have been Topper,in the vicinity they were bred and the people that found use for them a mute killer would have been of little use to most.A dead fox in the hand was worth far more than a presumed kill below.

Any terrier will bolt the fox but some would rather they didn't get chance and like fur in there mouth

A dog that bolts often needs fur in its mouth to persuade Charlie boy to vacate its lair at times,if any terrier could bolt a fox,on a regular basis why is it there is so much dross about now?.

Meant any earth working terrier, the dross not included

Its seems to be easier now to source a dog to dig to than one that bolts,perhaps?.

I would find that hard to believe.........If you compare a dog that may have to stay below ground for 1...2...3..or more hours that see' s it through to the end......& then a bolter, who may only be down a matter of minutes (of course not in all cases)

Not sure that's the case, a terrier can go in the fox can bolt from just noise of hearing the terrier or by being flushed out, if the dog(Bedlington) gets the fox in a stop end it ain't bolting and the dog has to be dug out. Are bolting dogs expected to let the fox past?

• Like 1