New Kits First Time

Hi all, noticed that the rabbits on the farm have been very scarce recently, probably due to the fact that some lads have been illegally running them down with dogs and lamps, any rabbit that I find at night bolts as soon as any sort of light hits them! any way I was happy to find a nice 6 hole warren in one of the horse paddocks with not a bramble of thorn in sight. I thought this would be brilliant to start my kits (2 Jill's) that I've had for a few months off on. Having ferreted with a friend in the past, I couldn't wait to go out on my own with my own ferrets and nets. I arrived at the farm about 8 ish on Saturday morning, loaded up the mule and set off for the paddock full of excitement and anticipation. When I arrived at the warren it was very clear that it was in residents of a few bunnys, so I carefully netted up and left it for 10 mins before letting my 2 Jill's loose..... At first they were more interested in exploring the grass and messing with the nets :-/, but one soon got the game and entered in shortly followed by her sister. At first they weren't going down very deep and kept popping up together, I left them to do there own thing and it wasn't long until they went deeper down, after 5 mins of seeing no ferret's...BAM a rabbit hit the net!! I was on it in a flash as I felt I had been waiting months for this moment!! Then BAM another hit the net followed by a very excited ferret! I was loving it it! It all went quite for 10 mins after entering them back down and I thought that they had probably killed in, as I crouched to listen for any signs of squealing a rabbit hit the net to my left, I didn't have time to dispatch the rabbit before another hit the net to my right !! So I then had to dispatch both!! The ferrets soon appeared so I decided to call it a day as I didn't want to over do it on there first exploration!! So 4 rabbits for our first time out together was good enough for me! The ferrets definately enjoyed there rabbit supper as much as me that night! null_zps22046fa3.jpgnull_zps46830195.jpg

• Like 2