Sign in to follow this  
Bells face

Permission To Fly Hunt My Harris Hawk Essex And Suffolk

Looking for somewhere to fly male harris hawk I'm based colchester essex but Willing to travel for permission So any sort of permission would be highly appricated.If anyone can help that would be great and you can pm me if you don't want to post. All the best and many thanks :-)

Edited by Bells face

Mate get door knocking, you will meet with more success than asking for shooting, take some pictures of your hawk to show them, you might get somebody to take you out if you ask, but its not farmers weekly, plenty of lads in your boat.

hi charlie caller. yes mate kinda figured that out mate, just thought id try on the off chance. ive had few knock backs, but ill keep trying :-) whereabouts u from mate?

how far you willing to travel buddy? your welcome to come on our permissions with me and the lad just pm me ,got loads of land round south yorks cheers bri

Many thanks mate i may well take you up on that offer if i cant get some more permission down my end or a little closer. i really apreicate the offer.

ATB

Adam

Why would anyone get a bird without having permission on some decent land? It should be the first consideration, buying an air gun and then going and finding land is not a problem, it can sit in the wardrobe for the next twenty years if need be, but a hawk needs to be flown several days a week on quarry, it is this kind of thing that puts falconry in a bad light, to the op where do you fly your bird now? If you have no hunting land, how do you hope to get it fit enough to hunt?

For your information haven't even got my hawk yet. Looking to get one next year! At the moment i am flying with my father in law and his harris hawk. Trying to build some experience and knowledge before I can make the decision whether I'm right for a hh or I could do one justice! Yes we have places to hunt his mhh but its always nice to have as much as possible to keep it fresh. Thought I would just try my luck on here as someone might be able to help out, and maybe I could build a few friends and permissions along the way of my own. I would certainly not even consider getting a hh if I had nowhere to fly/ hunt it at all. That's why I'm trying to build as much as possible before I consider getting my own! ! I also today managed to secure some new permission through knocking on some doors, amazing how nice and helpful and interested some ppl are when u just ask lol. So thanks for that advice ppl. So if u think I'm putting falconry in bad light cc then that's upto you mate. But surely best to know all the facts before judging or voicing an opinion! I know I didn't put all the facts on here but u only had to ask! Anyway atb

Well when a man puts up a post saying "permission to fly MY Harris hawk" it kind of gives the impression that you have got one, would you agree? I am glad that door knocking has got you some land, and I take my hat off to you for getting out and trying, if more people did that we would not have so many on here trying to freeload on other peoples permissions, well done. :thumbs:

Yes I agree it does sound that way. I did put the all the facts in my first post but go no replys so I edited the original post to try get some posts :-)

Atb