Informing Fao Of Intention To Reload

Hi:

NO!

But you will only be able to buy bullet heads (per purchase) at the same quantity as loaded ammo, whatever your condition is on your FAC.

However I believe you can keep any amount of 'unloaded' bullet heads, it's only the total amount of loaded cartridges in your possession

you need to observe the max on.

Also I believe 'they' like you to keep the components (bullets, brass, primers & powder) 'secure'.

Cheers AndyF

ok, when I ask for more 'allowance' on bullets/expanding - is it viewed as a variation? how do I go about asking them to change it? Thanks for all the help

No it's a change of conditions and it's free. You need to word a letter to your Firearms department explaining why you need more (unfortunately you will need to enclose your FAC) and that should be that.

So no need to fill in a variation form. Could I also ask for my mentor condition to be taken off now? I've held my FAC for just over a year, and SGC for 6 years. Would I need to request that, or should I ask my mentor to write a letter and enclose it at the same time?

South Ceredigion / Carmarthenshire border.

I know the land I want to add isn't passed for any calibre as nobody shoots on it. The police have never assessed it.

I'd like an open cert, but will wait a while longer - don't want to seem bold.

Will they question how much ammo I've used so far, as on paper it looks like I've only had 40 Bullets in the last year, but I have been loading with my mentor and chipping in with him for supplies in exchange for homeloads - is this ok, or a bit naughty in their opinion?

How much should I ask for the expanding ammo be put up to? Currently its to buy 40 and hold 100 - it was so low as I was told because of the price I would not need to buy lots at once. Is it acceptable to ask for 450 and explain that this would enable me to have different weights and different types e.g 100 hollow point 55gr, 100 ballistic tip 40gr, 100 ballistic 55gr (for example) and enable me to hold a selection of 'live' whole bullets.

Thanks for the advice guys

• 2 weeks later...