Working Airedale Terriers

foxhound45

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Post is to clarify that Airedales are being worked in the field today here in Northern Ireland and I aim to outline their function within the pack.   In N.I./R.O.I. the "Working Airedale" is cl

only pics i have of my airedales all redline us bloodlines

None of my dogs have papers, this was not planned it just is how it is.   I have my own view on KC registered dogs:   Yes, there are KC lines that show less of the raw hunting instincts that we re

Posted Images

I don't have many pictures (just at tree and tailgate stuff) only what others have taken of my dogs.

I work / hunt mainly on my own and when its busy....its busy lol.

Plenty of accounts................this summer / fall was the busiest season I've had on Bear.

My dogs ran / treed 20 + bear. Cat season doesn't start until Dec 1st for me.

I don't see any easy way to add pics, if you send me a msg with your email, I'll send you a couple...............like I say, there not up to much...........guess I need to get some good ones.......make the puppy sales easier! lol

Oh dear, same old same old. :laugh: I'm happy with my Airedale, that's all that matters to me. She does what I want in a country where there are no large game to hunt and there are laws which must be seen to be abided by. And no, I won't be advertising any pups now, soon or in the future. Sorry to disappoint you PMul.

weasle, on 25 Nov 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

You said you got paid who pays you?

Oilfield companies that have camps for their workers.

What dogs do you use beside Airedales ?

Hounds.

Are you not snowed in through the winter?

No, just put tracks on my quad. Winter is Cat (Cougar) season.

Same dogs good for a bear ,=good for cats?

Its harder (imo) to get a good Cat dog than a good Bear dog...........even harder to get both in one dog. lol

Sorry lol.

np

I don't have many pictures (just at tree and tailgate stuff) only what others have taken of my dogs.

Plenty of accounts................this summer / fall was the busiest season I've had on Bear.

I don't see any easy way to add pics, if you send me a msg with your email, I'll send you a couple...............like I say, there not up to much...........guess I need to get some good ones.......make the puppy sales easier! lol

So if you run the same dogs in the same country, what stops them from turning to cats (out of season) whilst hunting bear?

Or do they...& you just leave them when treed.....just interested to know how you hunt

Oh dear, same old same old. :laugh: I'm happy with my Airedale, that's all that matters to me. She does what I want in a country where there are no large game to hunt and there are laws which must be seen to be abided by. And no, I won't be advertising any pups now, soon or in the future. Sorry to disappoint you PMul.

Some one has to sell pups...........

I just don't like bullshit.............

Tell it straight, no miss direction.

Good luck with your Airedale and any future pups.

PMul

good post about time somebody said what the airedale is as this is what it was breed for from the start a good alrounder one that when it got on hot scent would get you game and it could be used for all hunting everbody in the uk wants to put the airedale in a box where they know there is always a better dog for the job they dont see its use as a good alrounder where there is no another dog that i know would beat it for its alround use ,are you in alberta or bc just out of interest ?

Edited by jrearthdog

So if you run the same dogs in the same country, what stops them from turning to cats (out of season) whilst hunting bear?

Or do they...& you just leave them when treed.....just interested to know how you hunt

A lot of the bears I turn out on are sight chased.......some have just hit the bush............easy to find.

Others are ran into while quadding / grayling fishing in the back country. These aren't hunted, just my dogs protecting me......I take a couple of dogs every time I hit the bush................except Deer and Moose season (now).

I leave everything in the tree..............can't run a dead animal.

good post about time somebody said what the airedale is as this is what it was breed for from the start a good alrounder one that when it got on hot scent would get you game and it could be used for all hunting everbody in the uk wants to put the airedale in a box where they know there is always a better dog for the job they dont see its use as a good alrounder where there is no another dog that i know would beat it for its alround use ,are you in alberta or bc just out of interest ?

Hello Ian,

Its Paul...............from up north.

Remember that Lakeland (Stretch) that wouldn't start? lol

Well that little shit eventually turned on, went missing twice.........once for 3 days and once for 10 days...........made an ok bear dog for a friend of mine. lol

I heard you had been ill?

Hope your ok now/

A lot of the bears I turn out on are sight chased.......some have just hit the bush............easy to find.

Others are ran into while quadding / grayling fishing in the back country. These aren't hunted, just my dogs protecting me......I take a couple of dogs every time I hit the bush................except Deer and Moose season (now).

I leave everything in the tree..............can't run a dead animal.

Sounds like exiting stuff! ATB

Well my mate asked me to post this picture of his redline airdale,buddy, some on this thread will probably recognise the dog,my mate has worked this dog for seven yrs or so,the lad in question wont suffer fools, and wont fire his mouth off unduly,he has read this thread and wants to assure all involved a working airedale will cope with anything we will throw at them in this country, and is well able to cope as a good all rounder,on all legal quarry,

f1b37cf6-6bc5-4aa0-8ffd-876e1c478986_zps

This is one examle when he shot 9 pidgeons in heavy snow, if it hadnt have been for his airedale retrieving them,he is adamant he would only have picked one bird up, the dog is used for allsorts of work from ferreting, to bushing, shooting,marking sets,and if you knew my mate, you would know if the dog was crap he really would say so,he wouldnt bull the dog up just because it was his,the guy is honest to a fault,he is a very expierienced dog man, who is well thought off in his local area,he keeps himself to himself,but felt need to share this and asked me to do so,

• Like 1