Lurcher Feeding

not much protein this time of year?????,your dogs must not get much winter work,

if the dogs getting worked hard it needs plenty of protein jmo,

true , i thought that .they need good amount of protein when working hard 2-3 nights a week. mine get 27%, plus meat, give more dry meal thats the 27% p , meat not enough .!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chappie and cornflakes ... Can't beat it .....

Depends a lot on what type of work and what breeding the dog is. Marathon runners like Salukis don't need the same protein content as sprint dogs with big fast-twitch muscles. It is a mistake to think

I feed mine lots of game and venison, on the bone, with the usual offal ration, and some left overs from my dinners, as well as mackerel, and at this time of year I am getting sprats too... but even w

Protein is what builds the muscle threw summer and then I cut right down 400g mince meat 15 o/o pro rest veg carbs otherwise muscles cramp up how many marathon runners you see bulking up on protein and how many have carbs think about it mate plus protein burns essential fats what dogs convert into energy

Protein is what builds the muscle threw summer and then I cut right down 400g mince meat 15 o/o pro rest veg carbs otherwise muscles cramp up how many marathon runners you see bulking up on protein and how many have carbs think about it mate plus protein burns essential fats what dogs convert into energy

Depends a lot on what type of work and what breeding the dog is. Marathon runners like Salukis don't need the same protein content as sprint dogs with big fast-twitch muscles. It is a mistake to think that all dogs should be fed the same way: sure they may function on a less than ideal diet, but they are more likely to hold their condition when working hard if they are fed according to their type and build.

• Like 3

Depends a lot on what type of work and what breeding the dog is. Marathon runners like Salukis don't need the same protein content as sprint dogs with big fast-twitch muscles. It is a mistake to think that all dogs should be fed the same way: sure they may function on a less than ideal diet, but they are more likely to hold their condition when working hard if they are fed according to their type and build.

:thumbs:

I back right off the protein through the summer while there not doing a great deal then switch them back on there preseason work up and through out the season.

Never had problems with cramp

• Like 2

I feed mine lots of game and venison, on the bone, with the usual offal ration, and some left overs from my dinners, as well as mackerel, and at this time of year I am getting sprats too... but even with this, I have found the dogs can loose condition if working daily which mine usually are. I know lots don't have their dogs out every day. I can keep my dogs in way better condition by additional fats, which I get free from butchers, just meaty/fatty off-cuts that they chuck away... works for me lol

• Like 3

yes like that gain record breaker,also feed my pups on gain puppy and sapling,the last litter i bred just gone 10 months all the dog pup are 27tts and over,the bitch is 25tts great stuff

Do you honestly believe the food had anything to do with the height of pups lol