A New Lightweight Net

Tiercel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That looks a nice little net tc I can see the benefit of that too. With 3 x 50 yarders in my coat and a load of pegs I look like santa hardly low profile

After making up the cheap nets I worked out that I still had enough twine on the ball to make a 25 yard net. I made the net with a 4.25 inch mesh 13 meshes deep in the body of the net, plus selvedges

have a go at making one hm... there are plenty vids and tc put up a link for the twine

Posted Images

Lol. You know youse want one... It was my first.. I`d learnt to knit and made the best part of 100 nets of all shapes and sizes and fancied a go at a long net. So I used what I had, then had to buy more twine to finish it.. Its my day time, bomb proof, dog friendly, only on permission net. Ive plenty of others though.

• 5 months later...

the reason i asked was mr wilks and myself have a 800yd drop.. we need to do as much as we can in 1 hit and need to take a lot of net

That is a lot of weight, even in 4z that would weigh over 20 kilos without the pegs. The most I have ever set with two people is 350 yards and that seemed never ending. I had 150 in my jacket and my son had 200 and bundles of pegs in a burgen on his back. Setting it out was not too bad but picking it up was soul destroying.

Best of luck.

TC