A New Lightweight Net

Tiercel

After making up the cheap nets I worked out that I still had enough twine on the ball to make a 25 yard net. I made the net with a 4.25 inch mesh 13 meshes deep in the body of the net, plus selvedges giving a 14 mesh 59.5" deep net.

I used the twine off ebay I have found it a lovely twine to knit with strong, slightly stiff but takes a single knot well. I would say that it needs to be despooled correctly otherwise you could get twists in it.

009_zpsd6f62e17.jpg

Why I made the net god knows as I dont really need it, I suppose it will go in the bag with the others never to be used.

TC

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That looks a nice little net tc I can see the benefit of that too. With 3 x 50 yarders in my coat and a load of pegs I look like santa hardly low profile

After making up the cheap nets I worked out that I still had enough twine on the ball to make a 25 yard net. I made the net with a 4.25 inch mesh 13 meshes deep in the body of the net, plus selvedges

have a go at making one hm... there are plenty vids and tc put up a link for the twine

Posted Images

looking very good! i wish i had the "umph" to knit a long net only ever made one! i just make poke nets and fox nets now.......you know ive got a lovely home for a couple of nets tc ;):laugh:

ive got a load of old nets i was given too ile pop a post up later and see if you can pin down what their made from its LOVELY stuff :yes::yes:

No I'll pass on trying it lol I not needing one just yet anyways to be honest but lad wants his own purse nets and now I got them sorted I'm sure he will want a long net at some point, he just not anywhere near big enough to handle one yet so I got a few years lol

What's your poke nets like pk? That's a waste that tiercel, you can't put it in a bag and leave it there lol get it out or sell it.. just out curiosity much would you charge for a lightweight yin?

all my nets are pokes now even if their only short, like purse nest, i just like a bigger net with 2 pegs, same with fox nets all have 2 pegs,,mostly hemp or spun polly to i work a lot of whin bush and brier and bracken so 4z purse nets aint good lol

What's your poke nets like pk? That's a waste that tiercel, you can't put it in a bag and leave it there lol get it out or sell it.. just out curiosity much would you charge for a lightweight yin?

all my nets are pokes now even if their only short, like purse nest, i just like a bigger net with 2 pegs, same with fox nets all have 2 pegs,,mostly hemp or spun polly to i work a lot of whin bush and brier and bracken so 4z purse nets aint good lol

Never had a rabbit escape from a poke net till last week,it hit it fine and pursed, by the time i got over the fence, it had escaped, unusual for this type of net.

• 2 weeks later...