New Dog- Border Patterdale.

Hi guys.

I've reserved a pup who I'll be collecting in two weeks time at 8 1/2 weeks. She's the strongest looking out of the litter first cross border over Patterdale. Dad is a ratting dog and mum has seen work but is mainly a pet but was bred from workers.

I want the bitch mainly for ratting and a bit of bushing as I've never done any digging work. I know a lot of people with working dogs but no digging men so I've never been exposed to it.

Does anyone have any pictures or information on this breed?

What size do they tend to get to? The one I will be getting is one of the largest in the litter, think she's biggest tbh.

How much would a locator collar be and where could I get one mate? I plan to mainly do ratting and bushing but understand she could run to ground.

I'll upload a few pictures when I get her and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the replies.

What size do they tend to get to? The one I will be getting is one of the largest in the litter, think she's biggest tbh.

How much would a locator collar be and where could I get one mate? I plan to mainly do ratting and bushing but understand she could run to ground.

I'll upload a few pictures when I get her and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the replies.

LOOK IN SALE SECTION

These are very similar to border lakies I had back in the 80's and 90's, I loved this cross, so much so that I am going to cross my black and tan fell/lakie with my mates border dog, he is very similar to logunmk2's dog above but all tan, well proportioned and with a strong head, they both have good noses and work on top very well.

These are very similar to border lakies I had back in the 80's and 90's, I loved this cross, so much so that I am going to cross my black and tan fell/lakie with my mates border dog, he is very similar to logunmk2's dog above but all tan, well proportioned and with a strong head, they both have good noses and work on top very well.

Seems to be a good cross from what everyone is saying. I like the sound of ut very much.

Gonna have to invest in a shovel though and check round for fox in the area I guess.

Looking forward to it though.

Heres mine mate great busher and ratter he had just been stripped in the summer on this picture he normally has a thick wirey coat will add another pic of him with full coat later ,

Max_zps0ee5008f.jpg

i like the look of that dog some dogs just seem to carry themself well it's hard to tell with a cross though i have found that more dont make the grade than do the better dogs come in the second generation.seeing this dog temps me to cross mine lol

• 2 weeks later...