Another English Bull Terrier In My Pack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a while since I've posted anything. Been reading mostly. I've recently added another English Bull Terrier to my pack. Getting him settled in. He's about 16mths old. He makes my other EBT look tin

heres my EBT 7yr old and worth every penny i can guarantee ya wont come over my wall LOL

to breed that dog in its home country would be neigh on impossible!!!! what a cracking example of an english..........good luck with him.......keep us posted.......

Posted Images

Yeah when I first saw him, his ears being down looked strange to me, but as soon as I saw him in person....I actually LIKE it. Simply aesthetics of course, but it does look neat.

About the 'yotes....When my Stags become of age, I plan to run them on coyote. Maybe I could bring him along every now and then to join in. That would be quite interesting! I bet he'd love it.

• Like 1

Yeah when I first saw him, his ears being down looked strange to me, but as soon as I saw him in person....I actually LIKE it. Simply aesthetics of course, but it does look neat.

About the 'yotes....When my Stags become of age, I plan to run them on coyote. Maybe I could bring him along every now and then to join in. That would be quite interesting! I bet he'd love it.

http://californiacatchers.com/index.asp?ID=22

have a look that site mate

• Like 2

I have looked them over before. Nice hunting pack they have. I run bulls, terriers, and long dogs as well. Never thought of running them all together though, but I am not opposed to the idea.

Hope he works out for you not my cup a tae , but a fine strong looking dog all the same, will he be used as a catch dog if he works out. Its good to see you posting again keep us posted on his progress like to see some hog hunting pics when you get him out good luck.

• Like 1

Hope he works out for you not my cup a tae , but a fine strong looking dog all the same, will he be used as a catch dog if he works out. Its good to see you posting again keep us posted on his progress like to see some hog hunting pics when you get him out good luck.

Thank you! Yes, if he takes to catching like I have a good feeling he will.....he will take the spot of my lead CD. I will try and get pics for sure. A bit difficult at times for us because my husband and I tend to run alone most often, and we always have our hands full with dogs or a hog. This season I am going to put extra effort in getting a few photos though for sure.

• Like 1

Thank you! Yes, if he takes to catching like I have a good feeling he will.....he will take the spot of my lead CD. I will try and get pics for sure. A bit difficult at times for us because my husband and I tend to run alone most often, and we always have our hands full with dogs or a hog. This season I am going to put extra effort in getting a few photos though for sure.

is the ebt blood in the states outcrossed with other types of bull blood like pit etc mybe that's why you lot get them working easier?

• Like 1

is the ebt blood in the states outcrossed with other types of bull blood like pit etc mybe that's why you lot get them working easier?

Not that I am aware of. Both of my males, as well as my husband's mini bitch are actually AKC registered, and the two who's pedigrees I have in hand (waiting on my new males to come in the mail) are bred on a lot of show titled dogs. Even back when I was a vet tech over the years, any clients I had that had EBT's would comment on their high prey drives, etc. I think that even though the outer shells of this breed has changed drastically over the years, their inner drive still remains in a lot of these dogs, it's just that the majority (almost all) wind up in pet homes, where they are obese couch dogs, and not allowed to engage in any driven type activities. Since these dogs here were young, they've been kept fit, and allowed to hunt/take game. They took to it like a fish in water. This newest male....he was actually raised up in an apartment by his first owner...his second owner that had him for a few months before sending him to me kept him outdoors, and let him be more of a dog if you will. His drive is through the roof. He got that huge scar on his side by chasing a cat underneath a mobile home with tin siding. Tore his side wide open, and from what I was told, it didn't hinder him a bit from acquiring his target. He's still a young dog at 16mths old.

Good guy with good dogs hunting in the most anti hunting state in the U.S.

• 4 months later...

Not that I am aware of. Both of my males, as well as my husband's mini bitch are actually AKC registered, and the two who's pedigrees I have in hand (waiting on my new males to come in the mail) are bred on a lot of show titled dogs. Even back when I was a vet tech over the years, any clients I had that had EBT's would comment on their high prey drives, etc. I think that even though the outer shells of this breed has changed drastically over the years, their inner drive still remains in a lot of these dogs, it's just that the majority (almost all) wind up in pet homes, where they are obese couch dogs, and not allowed to engage in any driven type activities. Since these dogs here were young, they've been kept fit, and allowed to hunt/take game. They took to it like a fish in water. This newest male....he was actually raised up in an apartment by his first owner...his second owner that had him for a few months before sending him to me kept him outdoors, and let him be more of a dog if you will. His drive is through the roof. He got that huge scar on his side by chasing a cat underneath a mobile home with tin siding. Tore his side wide open, and from what I was told, it didn't hinder him a bit from acquiring his target. He's still a young dog at 16mths old.
are you breeding working male and female ebts and producing any working pups from any litters

i think the guy who owns them ebts has the means to start a working type as he gives them work