Is Having A Camera In The Field Good Or Bad?

Photo's for me are memories to look at when the animals i have now are long gone or the places i can walk in now have been destroyed and built on. . :cray:

funny you should say that, earlier i was driving along the A5 past a massive industrial estate, years ago as a kid i spent hours every day on there, back then it was known as the grass plots being the filtration beds for the adjoining sewerage farm, to say this place was a wildlife haven would be an understatement now its just a sterile concrete jungle :cray: the sad thing is i have no photos of how it was originally

I know exactly what you mean, it's so sad how the countryside is getting less and less :cray:

we had a leaflet through the door this morning about barratt homes who want to build on land adjacent to the village effectively doubling its size, the thing is the only people who will be able to afford them are rich city dwellers retiring to the countryside, every year as the old pensioners of the village pass more and more of what makes the village what it was passes with them, the youngsters here have no option but to buy elsewhere as they have been priced out of the market, so one way or another the countryside is being sanitized and clensed as much as the wild places of my youth

Paul, I worked as a hill shepherd for many years....and in the valley there was roughly 20 shepherds....none now....most of the sheep are gone forever and the hills have been covered with pine....and almost all of the former 'herd's houses are occupied by folk from outwith with no link to the countryside other than the fact that they live there.....life has changed up here and it's changed forever.....no going back..... :icon_eek:

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personaly,..same as many enthusiasts of rabbiting/ferreting/mouching,...I enjoy seeing images of our chosen pastime/sport/business,.whatever...and if we try to show the game in an honest and genuine w

Took thousands of photos away back in the 80s and 90s......and spent a small fortune having the spools developed at a local photograpy/optician shop hand them in and they'll be ready 6 months later ki

Cracking tale there Borderscot,...real nice twist at the end...   As stated,...I do believe that there is a time and a place, for the Box Brownie,..and it is up to the individual's conscience, when

Posted Images

Photo's for me are memories to look at when the animals i have now are long gone or the places i can walk in now have been destroyed and built on. . :cray:

funny you should say that, earlier i was driving along the A5 past a massive industrial estate, years ago as a kid i spent hours every day on there, back then it was known as the grass plots being the filtration beds for the adjoining sewerage farm, to say this place was a wildlife haven would be an understatement now its just a sterile concrete jungle :cray: the sad thing is i have no photos of how it was originally

I know exactly what you mean, it's so sad how the countryside is getting less and less :cray:

we had a leaflet through the door this morning about barratt homes who want to build on land adjacent to the village effectively doubling its size, the thing is the only people who will be able to afford them are rich city dwellers retiring to the countryside, every year as the old pensioners of the village pass more and more of what makes the village what it was passes with them, the youngsters here have no option but to buy elsewhere as they have been priced out of the market, so one way or another the countryside is being sanitized and clensed as much as the wild places of my youth

Paul, I worked as a hill shepherd for many years....and in the valley there was roughly 20 shepherds....none now....lost of the sheep gone forever....and almost all of the former 'herd's houses are occupied by folk from outwith with no link to the countryside other than the fact that they live there.....life has changed up here and it's changed forever.....no going back..... :icon_eek:

by jesus im beginning to sound more like my dad everyday :laugh::laugh:

It's the same down here Paulus 500 new house are being built right opposite my house, and like the people up your way the first time buyers can't afford to buy um. :no: so i say take as many photo's of your favourite walking grounds so you have something to show your grandchildren :yes: because any child that grows up in a concrete jungle will have lost out in such a big way. :thumbs:

• Like 1

we never had a camera in the 70's / 80's maybe just as well, if for nothing else some haircuts are best left back then, don't see much harm in a few pics, often take the camera for a wee mooch or have it close by in the car when ferretting but like has been said the law has sussed too.....that the camera never lies

A good picture is worth a thousand words!...You may not like the pictures that people post here you might even think they're of poor quality. I like to share some of my pictures and the majority (I think.. :laugh:) like to see them. I don't post them to 'big' myself up I like to share and remember good times out.

Yorkshire2005138croppedSmallSmall.jpg

And yes she caught it... :yes:

• Like 3

A good picture is worth a thousand words!...You may not like the pictures that people post here you might even think they're of poor quality. I like to share some of my pictures and the majority (I think.. :laugh:) like to see them. I don't post them to 'big' myself up I like to share and remember good times out.

Yorkshire2005138croppedSmallSmall.jpg

And yes she caught it... :yes:

Pictures like this are nice to have, I'd get it on canvas and sit and look at it when my missus is watching American shite on TV

I know what a lot of you mean by changing countryside, its happening all over many places we check have at least 2 houses overlooking them now. from that hardcore hunters I think its only a matter of time before the antis get what theyre looking for a proper red handed catch

Everything in life changes and that includes the countryside,Big G do you honestly think the anti's,rspca, etc are just waiting for a member on here to make that life changing slip up so that they can splash it all over the press,there are some hideous pics already out there in the world wide web and there would be nothing anyone could put up that could'nt already be downloaded from countries where anything still goes,living a life in fear is to not live at all,we should all enjoy our time spent in the field and catching little windows in time is perfectly legal if care is taken,any pics taken that really are pre-ban cannot be used against you so why deny your past,I am proud of my past and enjoy looking back at nostalgia,I started my interest in photography at school and pics like these as a 14yr old or even simple birds nests,eggs,etc are all part of it,getting a good pic is the same thrill for me as getting a good shot with my gun,there are many variables in taking a good pic and its not very often you get the one you want,you will come across loads of bullsh*tters in life that will blag many into believing that they are all this and all that but a guy who backs words up with photos has credibility and not just a big mouth,I enjoy seeing other lads pics as I know the amount of effort required to get that shot,if the THL mods do not wish us to post legal pics then they should tell us upfront,so as to avoid confusion,WM

" dogs and mates long since dead"

• Like 5

I know what a lot of you mean by changing countryside, its happening all over many places we check have at least 2 houses overlooking them now. from that hardcore hunters I think its only a matter of time before the antis get what theyre looking for a proper red handed catch

Everything in life changes and that includes the countryside,Big G do you honestly think the anti's,rspca, etc are just waiting for a member on here to make that life changing slip up so that they can splash it all over the press,there are some hideous pics already out there in the world wide web and there would be nothing anyone could put up that could'nt already be downloaded from countries where anything still goes,living a life in fear is to not live at all,we should all enjoy our time spent in the field and catching little windows in time is perfectly legal if care is taken,any pics taken that really are pre-ban cannot be used against you so why deny your past,I am proud of my past and enjoy looking back at nostalgia,I started my interest in photography at school and pics like these as a 14yr old or even simple birds nests,eggs,etc are all part of it,getting a good pic is the same thrill for me as getting a good shot with my gun,there are many variables in taking a good pic and its not very often you get the one you want,you will come across loads of bullsh*tters in life that will blag many into believing that they are all this and all that but a guy who backs words up with photos has credibility and not just a big mouth,I enjoy seeing other lads pics as I know the amount of effort required to get that shot,if the THL mods do not wish us to post legal pics then they should tell us upfront,so as to avoid confusion,WM

attachicon.gifZIPPY and I.jpg

attachicon.gifZIPPY and I 037.jpg

attachicon.gifZIPPY and I 038.jpg

attachicon.gifscans 030.jpg

" dogs and mates long since dead"

please show me where any mod has said legal pictures can not be posted! provided they meet the criteria specified by the site owner then legal pictures are welcome, adding pre ban or a falcon.hawk,gun etc does not make the picture legal, i enjoy photography but if you think the pictures on here are not monitored then you're mistaken i can remember two or three pictures that were lifted off this site and used in anti propaganda by the unwashed over the last 10 years, also people have had their doors put through as a direct result of posting pictures on social media sites again this is fact so legal pictures are fine but ilegal pictures will be removed as will any member who continually post or encourages them to be posted.

edited to add..... earlier this year three lads were sent down at scarborough court as a direct result of images posted online, the 2000 plus images of illegal hunting the authorities found on there phones and laptops did not do a lot for their defense, yet again sites like this got the blame not the stupidity of the individuals involved.