Is Having A Camera In The Field Good Or Bad?

Took thousands of photos away back in the 80s and 90s......and spent a small fortune having the spools developed at a local photograpy/optician shop hand them in and they'll be ready 6 months later kinda thing.... :laugh::laugh::laugh: .....and then in the mid/ish 90s a new express developing outlet opened up....much cheaper and quicker.....so I took my business there.... :yes:...the pretty Saturday girl who worked behind the counter was also a factor in the relocation of my photographic trade.....I smiled and she smiled back....and a wee spark developed....pardon the pun..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:....but alas it didn't last..... :icon_eek:

After a few months the 'manager'...a wee gormless lad who I went to school with smugly pulled me to the side and informed me that the nature of my photographs were upsetting both himself the girls in the shop and that my business was no longer welcome..... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

I protested a little but when he decided to lay pics of 'dead' things on the counter in front of a busy shop to gasps of shock from another customer I paid up and left...so my cheap developing and coveting of the shop girl were at an end....

So, I forgot about the shop girl and it was back to the old ways of handing film in and waiting ages and paying through the nose to have them developed..... :censored:

Funny thing is I am now married to the still pretty former shop girl...... :toast::toast::toast: We've been together 15 fantastic years.....have beautiful kids and a great life....with some exciting plans for the future.... :D:D:D

She even scans some of my old pics when I ask her..... :yes::yes::yes:

Strange how things sometimes work out...... :thumbs:

I still take pics - not as many as I did but I see no real harm....common sense prevailing..... :thumbs:

I'm much, much younger in these pics..... :laugh:

post-57287-0-42567900-1383906045_thumb.jpg post-57287-0-40951400-1383906078_thumb.jpg

post-57287-0-41345100-1383906097_thumb.jpg post-57287-0-91603500-1383906118_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personaly,..same as many enthusiasts of rabbiting/ferreting/mouching,...I enjoy seeing images of our chosen pastime/sport/business,.whatever...and if we try to show the game in an honest and genuine w

Took thousands of photos away back in the 80s and 90s......and spent a small fortune having the spools developed at a local photograpy/optician shop hand them in and they'll be ready 6 months later ki

Cracking tale there Borderscot,...real nice twist at the end...   As stated,...I do believe that there is a time and a place, for the Box Brownie,..and it is up to the individual's conscience, when

Posted Images

Took thousands of photos away back in the 80s and 90s......and spent a small fortune having the spools developed at a local photograpy/optician shop hand them in and they'll be ready 6 months later kinda thing.... :laugh::laugh::laugh: .....and then in the mid/ish 90s a new express developing outlet opened up....much cheaper and quicker.....so I took my business there.... :yes:...the pretty Saturday girl who worked behind the counter was also a factor in the relocation of my photographic trade.....I smiled and she smiled back....and a wee spark developed....pardon the pun..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:....but alas it didn't last..... :icon_eek:

After a few months the 'manager'...a wee gormless lad who I went to school with smugly pulled me to the side and informed me that the nature of my photographs were upsetting both himself the girls in the shop and that my business was no longer welcome..... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

I protested a little but when he decided to lay pics of 'dead' things on the counter in front of a busy shop to gasps of shock from another customer I paid up and left...so my cheap developing and coveting of the shop girl were at an end.... :cray:So, I forgot about the shop girl and it was back to the old ways of handing film in and waiting ages and paying through the nose to have them developed..... :censored:

Funny thing is I am now married to the still pretty former shop girl...... :toast::toast::toast: We've been together 15 fantastic years.....have beautiful kids and a great life....with some exciting plans for the future.... :D:D:D

She even scans some of my old pics when I ask her..... :yes::yes::yes:

Strange how things sometimes work out...... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I still take pics - not as many as I did but I see no real harm....common sense prevailing..... :thumbs:

I'm much younger in these pics.....

attachicon.giffox2.jpg attachicon.giffox5.jpg

attachicon.gifoliver.jpg attachicon.giffox3.jpg

nice old pics them nice size foxes !

alright folks, just wondering whats the purpose of having cameras out in the field and the need to go for best action shots, do yous think it does good or bad for hunting? I duno what it is but it just seems that most people is doing it nowadays whats your views?

that would depend on the reason, location and content. action shots can bring to the publics attention things we see everyday and take for granted, however the end result is best left to the imagination as even when legal it will likely be used out of context by those seeking to sanitise the world, this may seem as strange view on a hunting site, but i would much rather our sport is kept out of the limelight as much as possible as the old saying goes "its hard to light a fire without a flame" what i find strange is people who seem obsessed with the end result and posting pictures for no other reason than to bolster their lack of confidence and inability to go through life without having to be patted on the back everyday

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:clapper:Cracking tale there Borderscot,...real nice twist at the end...

As stated,...I do believe that there is a time and a place, for the Box Brownie,..and it is up to the individual's conscience, when and when not,.. to use it.. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7
:laugh: border mate, great story pal, reminds me a book about birds from that c**t with a beard his name escapes me, hes on three men in a boat etc, bird spotter etc, looks like billy bremner lol. Anyhow, books called bearded tit, cracking read about his life with a twist at the end.

ive no probs seeing pics but theres some that just go that wee bit too far when its best left to the imagination. I like pics of others but don't take any myself. seen some on the other hunting sites which should not be on the dangerous net, its only going to end badly. now I do like looking through old albums taken with the old polaroid cameras. or in person but the net bragging thing is gona go tits up not to mention the type of quarry that they talk about working on a forum

one of the 1st camera's I had you had to put a flash bulb on top of it then hope you loaded the film in right or you just wasted your cash, and in 1984 my wages were £65 a week but I did work in a dog food factory. so now with digital camera's you can just click away and its free.. atb

plus looking back at the old picks makes for a happier times..and hair cuts..lol

041.jpg

036.jpg

• Like 3

Photo's for me are memories to look at when the animals i have now are long gone or the places i can walk in now have been destroyed and built on. . :cray:

funny you should say that, earlier i was driving along the A5 past a massive industrial estate, years ago as a kid i spent hours every day on there, back then it was known as the grass plots being the filtration beds for the adjoining sewerage farm, to say this place was a wildlife haven would be an understatement now its just a sterile concrete jungle :cray: the sad thing is i have no photos of how it was originally

Photo's for me are memories to look at when the animals i have now are long gone or the places i can walk in now have been destroyed and built on. . :cray:

funny you should say that, earlier i was driving along the A5 past a massive industrial estate, years ago as a kid i spent hours every day on there, back then it was known as the grass plots being the filtration beds for the adjoining sewerage farm, to say this place was a wildlife haven would be an understatement now its just a sterile concrete jungle :cray: the sad thing is i have no photos of how it was originally

I know exactly what you mean, it's so sad how the countryside is getting less and less :cray:

:hmm:Personaly,..same as many enthusiasts of rabbiting/ferreting/mouching,...I enjoy seeing images of our chosen pastime/sport/business,.whatever...and if we try to show the game in an honest and genuine way,..then I can see no harm in them..Those folk who dislike the hunting lifestyle,...will not be swayed one way or the other ,.they have already made their choice, as have we... :yes:

Nowadays,..unless working for profit,..I like to take a back seat and simply watch and enjoy the day..

I find that most lads like to have a visual record of their exciting days and nights out,...and why not..?

My only regret, is that we did not choose ,..or indeed, had the technical facilities, to memorise the great days of hunting/coursing/lamping,..etc, from the 60s into the late 80s....

What photos we might have had....

Anyway,.each to their own,..and for them as want to, then keep on snapping away, but please go careful :thumbs:

File0352tif.jpg

NICE PICTURE THAT

I know exactly what you mean, it's so sad how the countryside is getting less and less :cray:

we had a leaflet through the door this morning about barratt homes who want to build on land adjacent to the village effectively doubling its size, the thing is the only people who will be able to afford them are rich city dwellers retiring to the countryside, every year as the old pensioners of the village pass more and more of what makes the village what it was passes with them, the youngsters here have no option but to buy elsewhere as they have been priced out of the market, so one way or another the countryside is being sanitized and clensed as much as the wild places of my youth