Is Having A Camera In The Field Good Or Bad?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personaly,..same as many enthusiasts of rabbiting/ferreting/mouching,...I enjoy seeing images of our chosen pastime/sport/business,.whatever...and if we try to show the game in an honest and genuine w

Took thousands of photos away back in the 80s and 90s......and spent a small fortune having the spools developed at a local photograpy/optician shop hand them in and they'll be ready 6 months later ki

Cracking tale there Borderscot,...real nice twist at the end...   As stated,...I do believe that there is a time and a place, for the Box Brownie,..and it is up to the individual's conscience, when

Posted Images

alright folks, just wondering whats the purpose of having cameras out in the field and the need to go for best action shots, do yous think it does good or bad for hunting? I duno what it is but it just seems that most people is doing it nowadays whats your views?

that would depend on the reason, location and content. action shots can bring to the publics attention things we see everyday and take for granted, however the end result is best left to the imagination as even when legal it will likely be used out of context by those seeking to sanitise the world, this may seem as strange view on a hunting site, but i would much rather our sport is kept out of the limelight as much as possible as the old saying goes "its hard to light a fire without a flame" what i find strange is people who seem obsessed with the end result and posting pictures for no other reason than to bolster their lack of confidence and inability to go through life without having to be patted on the back everyday

alright folks, just wondering whats the purpose of having cameras out in the field and the need to go for best action shots, do yous think it does good or bad for hunting? I duno what it is but it just seems that most people is doing it nowadays whats your views?

that would depend on the reason, location and content. action shots can bring to the publics attention things we see everyday and take for granted, however the end result is best left to the imagination as even when legal it will likely be used out of context by those seeking to sanitise the world, this may seem as strange view on a hunting site, but i would much rather our sport is kept out of the limelight as much as possible as the old saying goes "its hard to light a fire without a flame" what i find strange is people who seem obsessed with the end result and posting pictures for no other reason than to bolster their lack of confidence and inability to go through life without having to be patted on the back everyday

so you have noticed that too paulus ;) no names mind :thumbs:

• Like 2

Apart from all the stuff Paula's said which I agree with how do you have the time to take decent pictures when out hunting anyway?

To be serious about pictures you go out with the sole intention to take them. It's hard work to do both and enjoy it IMO. And for me I enjoy working the dog more than camera!

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 1

Apart from all the stuff Paula's said which I agree with how do you have the time to take decent pictures when out hunting anyway?

To be serious about pictures you go out with the sole intention to take them. It's hard work to do both and enjoy it IMO. And for me I enjoy working the dog more than camera!

i combine both and the quality doesn't suffer :whistling: ........................................they have always been shite dogs or no dogs, did you see my fireworks effort :laugh::laugh:

Cameras are great, Ive recently found no one bats an eyelid if they see a big Nikon hanging from your neck. Im still looking for a perfect picture of a blind drop, or a few untouched warrens :whistling:

a good telephoto lense is as good as binoculars with a memory :D

My Ferreting mate likes to take photos out on the field, and has taken some stunning photos, I just have a small digital camera.

When ferreting on my own, I don't bother. im not very good, cant manage action shots,

to busy watching the Dog, nets, and the ferret, to bother with a camera.

• Like 1

:hmm:Personaly,..same as many enthusiasts of rabbiting/ferreting/mouching,...I enjoy seeing images of our chosen pastime/sport/business,.whatever...and if we try to show the game in an honest and genuine way,..then I can see no harm in them..Those folk who dislike the hunting lifestyle,...will not be swayed one way or the other ,.they have already made their choice, as have we... :yes:

Nowadays,..unless working for profit,..I like to take a back seat and simply watch and enjoy the day..

I find that most lads like to have a visual record of their exciting days and nights out,...and why not..?

My only regret, is that we did not choose ,..or indeed, had the technical facilities, to memorise the great days of hunting/coursing/lamping,..etc, from the 60s into the late 80s....

What photos we might have had....

Anyway,.each to their own,..and for them as want to, then keep on snapping away, but please go careful :thumbs:

File0352tif.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 19

i take pictures on my i phone when i take all 8 of my dogs out for a run in the fields, they arnt all working photos but when they bush rabbits out and give chase and work cover betwen them i get some good pics, but i love to watch my lurchers working together, my labs and hound will go in to a pit hole and work the cover while my lurchers wait on the ouside either side of the pit ready for a bolt, i havent taught them to do this they have just worked it out for themselves and i have got some nice pics of this on a nice day