Anyone Had A Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10X50?

I've never used charts and turret adjustments as I've only ever hunted small game at short distances. I don't see the need to do it upto 200ish yards imo. I can understand using charts and turret adjustments for very long range big game hunting ;)

Plus far to complicated for vermin control ;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly its all about personal preference and if you can shoot at multiple ranges with a standard ret fair play to you mate

put a white tail 3.5 - 9x50 on my 17 hmr about 2 months ago best thing I ever did, never missed a shot since, I had a hawke nite -eye 3- 9x50 ir on it before it was embarrassing kept missing even eas

I got wtc's on both my 22 and 17 and they are spot on for what I use them for, I leave both of them set on 6 mag and I only have to see a rabbit in the lamp or nv and instantly know hold over or not.

Posted Images

I got wtc's on both my 22 and 17 and they are spot on for what I use them for, I leave both of them set on 6 mag and I only have to see a rabbit in the lamp or nv and instantly know hold over or not. I zero the 22 at 65 yds and on 6 mag at 100 yds the top of the bottom thick post is spot on. my 17 is zeroed at 100 yds and at 6 mag top of bottom post in the reticule is 175 yds . hope this helps you..

• Like 1

I got wtc's on both my 22 and 17 and they are spot on for what I use them for, I leave both of them set on 6 mag and I only have to see a rabbit in the lamp or nv and instantly know hold over or not. I zero the 22 at 65 yds and on 6 mag at 100 yds the top of the bottom thick post is spot on. my 17 is zeroed at 100 yds and at 6 mag top of bottom post in the reticule is 175 yds . hope this helps you..

Play it by eye :thumbs: Pretty much what I do

I think many people, including me have/had one of these.

As a package they are hard to beat, but the fixed parallax at circa 100 yards (yes I know, you can take it apart and fiddle with this) and the 30 30 reticle did me eventually as my eyes went.

A cracking scope just the same on probably rimfires rather than centrefires for most.

At £40 for the scope/mounts as long as this is an early genuine Philippines scope seems a bargain! :thumbs:

Not sure if its genuine but it has phillippines stamped on bottom and a sort of matt coating and also a gold deer on the side.

Says on bottom - model wtc15

Philippines sc. Its a stunning scope any info on if this is a early genuine model appreciated

I can't remember 100%, I sold mine about 5 years ago, it was a 3.5-10x50 WTC from about 1998/1999.

I "believe" it simply said Made in the Philippines under the saddle, I'm sure someone will have an original and be able to check! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Not sure if its genuine but it has phillippines stamped on bottom and a sort of matt coating and also a gold deer on the side.

Says on bottom - model wtc15

Philippines sc. Its a stunning scope any info on if this is a early genuine model appreciated

:yes: Genuine article

Cheers sprocker dog and moxy, what ammo do you use sprocker dog?

I'm thinking of using v-max 17g in the hmr and winchester subs in .22.

Would also like to try stinger and velocitors I .22 ;)

I use 22 Winchester subs and 17gr vmax in the 17. I've used Winchester,remington and hornady in 17gr and there little if any difference.. get to know your rifle,scope and your own capabilities then once you sussed your hold over it just comes naturally, just keep your mag set to your preference and stick with it. as for using hv 22 rounds , yes they kill but I personally don't use them purely due to the noise issue. when we clear rabbits we use 22 subs first and then to get the last shy ones at a longer range we use 17hmr, even when using subs and state of the art nv after hearing their mates get whacked the last few in an area can get a little jumpy after a while. good luck

Thanks sprocker dog. Ill stick to the the win subs and vmax then. With air rifle s I've always used low mag 3x mag for everything. I don't no why just got used to it I suppose. Obviously with the rimfires its gonna take some getting used to having the scopes set at higher mag. I'm thinking using only 5-6x mag on the rimfires. But will know more when I get them and have a day down the field with kruby01 and a couple hundread rounds ;)

Use the magnification that works for you, pretty much all my rifles from 12ft lb to 2,800ft lb are set on 6x. That does me fine up to 200 yards, I don't often shoot further than that (except target) and I can work at those magnifications, I know people who shoot in the field with 12 ft lb and won't use anything but 32x mag.

Ammo wise, if you have a .22lr and a HMR may I suggest you find a sub that works in the .22lr and if you want more then use the HMR, 17g V-Max is the standard for HMR! :thumbs:

Thanks Deker. Ill probably end up using 5-6x mag but will see when I get the rifles I've been granted .22lr and .17hmr and after 1000 rounds practice the feo will grant the .22-250 but I've not changed my mind and want a .223 instead. Ill defo use subs in .22 and will try various makes in my rifle but looks like most cz owners use winchester subs. And ill defo use the 17g vmax for hmr I've heard nothing but good reviews on this ammo. Thanks again ;)