Anyone Had A Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10X50?

Hi was wandering anyones general opinions on the above scope. Going to fit scope to a .17hmr or .223. Only just got the scope second hand and must admit really good quality optics from simmons. Don't know a great deal about the scope only that its quite an old model. Thanks in advance

Atb

Dan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly its all about personal preference and if you can shoot at multiple ranges with a standard ret fair play to you mate

put a white tail 3.5 - 9x50 on my 17 hmr about 2 months ago best thing I ever did, never missed a shot since, I had a hawke nite -eye 3- 9x50 ir on it before it was embarrassing kept missing even eas

I got wtc's on both my 22 and 17 and they are spot on for what I use them for, I leave both of them set on 6 mag and I only have to see a rabbit in the lamp or nv and instantly know hold over or not.

Posted Images

Hi was wandering anyones general opinions on the above scope. Going to fit scope to a .17hmr or .223. Only just got the scope second hand and must admit really good quality optics from simmons. Don't know a great deal about the scope only that its quite an old model. Thanks in advance

Atb

Dan

class scopes for the money got one on my 22 rimmy

I was just worried as it didn't have any mildots otherwise I'd put it on the .22lr. That's why I thought maybe better on .17 or .223

I havnt got the rifles yet just been granted fac I've never shot a .22lr before so don't know the trajectory that's why I thought maybe a mildot scope maybe better. Maybe ill put it on the .22lr then ;)

It says underneath philipines model am I right in thinking these are the better quality made simmons???

I was just worried as it didn't have any mildots otherwise I'd put it on the .22lr. That's why I thought maybe better on .17 or .223

I havnt got the rifles yet just been granted fac I've never shot a .22lr before so don't know the trajectory that's why I thought maybe a mildot scope maybe better. Maybe ill put it on the .22lr then ;)

It says underneath philipines model am I right in thinking these are the better quality made simmons???

they seem to be the ones people want the most

Philippines models the good one I have one on my .223 good job at night hard to beat for the price.

But for a future investment get a leupold as if you ever decide to sell it you won't lose much money.

If you get a 2nd leupold for say 200 you'll get 200 for it in a few years

Philippines models the good one I have one on my .223 good job at night hard to beat for the price.

But for a future investment get a leupold as if you ever decide to sell it you won't lose much money.

If you get a 2nd leupold for say 200 you'll get 200 for it in a few years

i had a leupold vx1 on my 1517 clear as a bell, redfield are a cheaper copy and worth a look

I have both a WTC and a Redfield. Both brilliant scopes. With good glass for the money. Simple ret on both. And I get on with them very well. Never really felt the need for mildot ret. works for me.

I have both a WTC and a Redfield. Both brilliant scopes. With good glass for the money. Simple ret on both. And I get on with them very well. Never really felt the need for mildot ret. works for me.

i get confused enough without having to worry about mildots, i had a shepherd scope with all the range circles and everything, i hated the bloody thing :laugh:

For the air rifles I do prefer mildot and maybe the .22lr aswel. But with any flat shooting round standard reticle all the way. Using mildot on the .22lr I get ill probably zero at 50 yards and then I have multiple aim point to aid shooting at 60-100yards. I think it'll just make life easier ;)

For the air rifles I do prefer mildot and maybe the .22lr aswel. But with any flat shooting round standard reticle all the way. Using mildot on the .22lr I get ill probably zero at 50 yards and then I have multiple aim point to aid shooting at 60-100yards. I think it'll just make life easier ;)

I do own a mildot scope but its a hawke and I hate the fecker. So I have never bothered to get on with it. I use a standard ret on air rifle. FAC air and rimmy. At all ranges from up close rats to long range quarry.

As I said it works for me and I suppose its what you learn to use and get used to.

Paulus. I'm the same. Lol

put a white tail 3.5 - 9x50 on my 17 hmr about 2 months ago best thing I ever did, never missed a shot since, I had a hawke nite -eye 3- 9x50 ir on it before it was embarrassing kept missing even easy shots yet my mate could hit anything with it I just could not get on with it. my son as a hawke nite on his and he loves it and very rarely missis, could be just me being a blind old fart.

• Like 1

Exactly its all about personal preference and if you can shoot at multiple ranges with a standard ret fair play to you mate ;)

Nothing wrong with mildots but for real accuracy you should be using the turrets and tables, that's what they're there for. Mildots are good for when a quicker shot is required.

Edited by Alsone

Exactly its all about personal preference and if you can shoot at multiple ranges with a standard ret fair play to you mate ;)

Nothing wrong with mildots but for real accuracy you should be using the turrets and tables, that's what they're there for. Mildots are good for when a quicker shot is required.

not on a 22lr from the back of a truck in the dark you shouldn't :laugh::laugh: