Kennel Security

Just got some new kennels never had them before always had the dogs in.

I'm looking to sort the security out on them locks/cameras etc and just wondered what your all using?

I'm not expecting pics of your yards for obvious reasons but some good strong ideas.

Edited by Westy76
  • Like 6

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best security I find is not letting to many people no what I have ...and we're I keep things ..in the lurcher game there are to many loose moths in the game and then they wonder why there dogs an

Just got some new kennels never had them before always had the dogs in. I'm looking to sort the security out on them locks/cameras etc and just wondered what your all using? I'm not expecting pics o

I would make that fence behind very hard to climb,,, as you back on to woodland,, it's the perfect place for any thief to gain access ,,   There's plenty of cameras out there now,, that you can see

I would make that fence behind very hard to climb,,, as you back on to woodland,, it's the perfect place for any thief to gain access ,,

There's plenty of cameras out there now,, that you can see of an iPhone type of mobile,,,

That kennel will be very easy to break in to,, no mater what locks you put on ,, cos the mesh can be cut so easy ,, so make it impossible to gain acces to your yard from the outset

• Like 6

Guard dog great idea but not an option sadly.

Padlocks and hasps can easily be jimmied off timber but for a stop gap will do.

Was thinking of a bar going through the run doors and the divider section with a built up end and a straight padlock the other end?

Defo cameras but what actually works?

• Like 1

I would make that fence behind very hard to climb,,, as you back on to woodland,, it's the perfect place for any thief to gain access ,,

There's plenty of cameras out there now,, that you can see of an iPhone type of mobile,,,

That kennel will be very easy to break in to,, no mater what locks you put on ,, cos the mesh can be cut so easy ,, so make it impossible to gain acces to your yard from the outset

Yeah I know that's the draw back.

The back fence is high from the other side as it's got a deep ditch running behind it I know where there's a will there's a way but I'd struggle to get a 75-80lb dog over it without a racket.

The back fence is high from the other side as it's got a deep ditch running behind it I know where there's a will there's a way but I'd struggle to get a 75-80lb dog over it without a racket.

One of your best forms of security is the fact that your dogs won't jump! I can sort out cameras if you want them. Have you get WiFi?

One of your best forms of security is the fact that your dogs won't jump! I can sort out cameras if you want them. Have you get WiFi?

Won't jump that's the fence of the last catgate scandal the thick twat near cleared it!!!

Yeah got wifi

get an alarm that way if any doors are opened you hear it :thumbs:

yeh, and electric fence ,that way they carnt over the fence to get to your kennel. A gsd good guard or jack as there vocal and would bark before they got to close to your property, and might set the lurchers off as well.But the e/f would stop the twats . :yes:

• Like 1