Bull Type Dogs

17 people have been killed by dogs since 2005 so roughly 2 per year. whilst its tragic for all the families involved does it really warrant the media and political attention being given to it? the reality is you are more than twice as likely to win the lottery than you are to to be killed by a dog.

More media hysteria? secret government agenda? or perhaps cats really do have thumbs :blink:

Yeh its always easy to pick on a small group of people to whip up political support from the general public like like banning guns or fox hunting.

in the same period 18 people were killed by cattle

Yeh I would never leave my kid alone with cattle.....

• Like 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use th

No dog should be 100% trusted around kids, some serious shit gets waffles on this site, don't you flooking think everybody that owned the dogs that have killed or just bit children thought there dogs

As regards bulldogs i always felt it was a case of " instinct will get him there but gameness will keep him there "   I must admit when i first took an interest in hunting maybe 7 or 8 years ago i f

Posted Images

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use them as weapons and status symbols.

I think the only reasonable solution is to have the lot of them rounded up and humanely destroyed.

And their dogs rehomed.

expensive licenses for bull type dogs. Thatll stop em.

How would I ,or my dog or the general public ,benefit from me buying a license (expensive or otherwise)??what will it stop :hmm:

if it was law to have one-then maybe it would stop people breeding and giving to any old chav?if they can afford a couple of hundred for a status symbol then another 50 for a licence wont hurt?no licence-dog gets destroyed?maybe only take the once before folk wake up? :hmm: could stop alot of heart ache in the longrun for both dogs/owners/victims?i love the bull breeds but people are breeding the wrong type these days :yes: atvb :thumbs:

• Like 1

I totally agree that idiots bye these dogs to look cool. They also make their dogs aggresive and lethal. However I just don't appreciate when people say ALL bull terriers are a danger. And then frown upon people who own bull breeds especially with children. I personally believe their should be a license for under 21's to own dogs of any breed especially the bull breeds,rotties and such like

There's been a lot of debate in the news recently about how to tackle the growing problem of children being attacked by 'fighting dogs' such as Bull Terriers, which are often owned by Chavs who use them as weapons and status symbols.

I think the only reasonable solution is to have the lot of them rounded up and humanely destroyed.

And their dogs rehomed.

How would I ,or my dog or the general public ,benefit from me buying a license (expensive or otherwise)??what will it stop :hmm:

if it was law to have one-then maybe it would stop people breeding and giving to any old chav?if they can afford a couple of hundred for a status symbol then another 50 for a licence wont hurt?no licence-dog gets destroyed?maybe only take the once before folk wake up? :hmm: could stop alot of heart ache in the longrun for both dogs/owners/victims?i love the bull breeds but people are breeding the wrong type these days :yes: atvb :thumbs:

Problem is Bobby the only ones paying for the licences will be the responsible owners....not the average chav wanting a status symbol.The Dangerous Dogs Act effectively stopped the breeding of Pits over 20 yrs ago....have the numbers diminished....not really.Something does need to be done....I just don't see this working....just lining the governments pockets....sadly this alone will possibly make it a reality.If FAC/SGC were increased in price every time someone was shot, gun crime wouldn't go down,or taxing knives as a way of reducing knife crime or taken to the nth degree banning them :icon_eek: what if someones killed with a spork :laugh::thumbs: ATB mate

And their dogs rehomed.

Problem is Bobby the only ones paying for the licences will be the responsible owners....not the average chav wanting a status symbol.The Dangerous Dogs Act effectively stopped the breeding of Pits over 20 yrs ago....have the numbers diminished....not really.Something does need to be done....I just don't see this working....just lining the governments pockets....sadly this alone will possibly make it a reality.If FAC/SGC were increased in price every time someone was shot, gun crime wouldn't go down,or taxing knives as a way of reducing knife crime or taken to the nth degree banning them :icon_eek: what if someones killed with a spork :laugh::thumbs: ATB mate

This is sadly very true, there's a hand gun ban in Britain, but the streets are awash with them......there is no simple solution that's for sure.....

. A dogs bite power is detemined by head size and a large lab has a bigger head than bull terriers which means they have a bigger bite.

:icon_eek: ......Dogs bite hard because they want to....simple.

Id rather be bitten by 100lb Labrador with a head like a medicine ball..............than a snipey narrow headed 30lb fully charged pit bull !

very true Gnash, as said many times was brought up with bull breeds as kid , and had 120 lb bullmastiffs , that were very strong dogs and not bad guard dogs.But our male staff's which were more like pits of today 19in 45-50 odd lb , were soft with people great with kids, but when wound up by another dog was 100 times more harder to control than any bullmastiff i ever seen. You look at any normal size dog crunch a beef bone no prob whar so ever, even my dog Bryn got good jaw bite he only a old colliex grey lol .1breed of dog i saw that was very full on+powerful , was a Bel Mal Woz was on here had great bitch tons of prey drive and very strong jaw , prob this breed not far behind a pit for intensity+strenght ,and these are not over massive 26in 70lb . Staff bitch make great pet with kids, if i was going to choose bull breed that what i would choose, but i believe dogs should be outside in kennel+run , they should have there own space, long term would save all these tragedy's with kids. :yes:

I just think these people talking about " staffs ".....( i refuse to call the poor little things staffies ) :D ......are making silly comparisons......when it comes to bite and drive most of todays staffs couldnt break a crisp packet they are so far removed from their history it really has no relevance they hold virtually no combat/athlete traits whatsoever........i think when the media and people in general refer to bull breeds being dangerous most are referring to the pit bulls bullmastiffs and crosses of such i dont think anyone really thinks a purebred stafford is any more danger to kids than any other breed of pet dog.

People can come up with all the stats and facts in the world you just cant compare a dog that has been bred throughout the generations for intense hard work with a dog that has been bred through the generations to be cute pets the bull breeds are just too diverse to lump together like that.

• Like 2

If you look at past history these things usually, but not always , follow the latest craze for hard men dogs. Years ago it was Alsatians, then Dobermans, rotties, and the list goes on. You get the dicks who in breed the dogs to sell for profit, and they then sell them to more dicks who have no clue on how to look after the latest hard man accessory. The dog goes on to attack some one and the poor bloody animal gets put down. Then the dick gets another dog and the cycle begins again. Put the dick heads down instead.

• Like 2

Gnasher, from some of your previous posts I suspect that you know an awful lot more about pits and their crosses than I do. Just interested in your opinion, do you think that they can be trusted in a family situation or do you think that their inherent game drive is just too intense. I think your previous comment was well put, about all bull breeds being labelled together. Having said that I do agree with the deed not breed principle. It would be good to get a straight from the hip opinion from someone who "knows" the breed :thumbs:

Gnasher, from some of your previous posts I suspect that you know an awful lot more about pits and their crosses than I do. Just interested in your opinion, do you think that they can be trusted in a family situation or do you think that their inherent game drive is just too intense. I think your previous comment was well put, about all bull breeds being labelled together. Having said that I do agree with the deed not breed principle. It would be good to get a straight from the hip opinion from someone who "knows" the breed :thumbs:

I know that wasn't aimed at me however I am from Liverpool originally and there is hundreds of pits there and I know a lot of people who have them and they have lived and died with families and kids without a hiccup. They are bred to protect people they pose no threat in family life if raised correctly they are just another dog. Breed is completely irrelevant! There are tiger cubs born from a wild feral tiger but the cub is raised in captivity and can't be released because its too friendly. Its the same with dogs, raise it right and you'll have a loving family member regardless of breed!

• Like 1