What Is Best Way To Dry Wounds Out ?

Don't try and dry up a deep wound. If in any doubt see a vet: but what is 'pretty deep'? One centimetre? Half a centimetre? What type of wound: tear? Puncture? Different types of wound need different treatments. A small cut which only involves the skin, and where there is no big flap of skin involved can be allowed to heal naturally, but it needs to heal from the inside out, and attempting to dry it up will not do any good at all. As someone suggested, Intrasite Gel is good: or use honey: which is antibacterial and also keeps the wound moist.

• Like 3

This is what you want FB75BCC0-89C0-458B-A763-AE4086AF83B1-680

I've been spraying this on My dog two or three times a day, it has kept it clean and the wound is starting to heal nicely.

151845E2-49DF-416F-9BB9-8D80BB2AB69C-680

he's at the stage now where I have been able to take his collar of an let him clean the wound himself. It's looking really good.

Edited by tubba
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't try and dry up a deep wound. If in any doubt see a vet: but what is 'pretty deep'? One centimetre? Half a centimetre? What type of wound: tear? Puncture? Different types of wound need different treatments. A small cut which only involves the skin, and where there is no big flap of skin involved can be allowed to heal naturally, but it needs to heal from the inside out, and attempting to dry it up will not do any good at all. As someone suggested, Intrasite Gel is good: or use honey: which is antibacterial and also keeps the wound moist.

I've used Manuka honey a few times for small wounds after you suggested it a while ago Penny.

Under what circumstances would you recommend drying the wound with wound powder?

Thanks.

I've used Manuka honey a few times for small wounds after you suggested it a while ago Penny.

Under what circumstances would you recommend drying the wound with wound powder?

Thanks.

None wounds need moisture to heal and by removing that moisture it can slow down wound healing.

• Like 2