2013 Season The Worse I Can Remember

That was the last day for us on Thurs ...we never had any decent rain from May until Sept....there was not a decent run until the start of sept with the nets finishing and the water temp dropping we had 45 for that week but apart from that it was the poorest season I can remember I never had my first fish until July and had nothing of size my biggest was 12lb and only 20 for the season all on fly...lots of tiny grilse early summer which imo should be killed ...never had the double hander out till the last few weeks as there wasn't enough water ...never seen the river so low for so long .....and know plenty of lads who have blanked or had one or two....hopefully this is just a one off

heres a few fash

post-88284-0-46146900-1383427657.jpg

post-88284-0-03245100-1383427693_thumb.jpg

Edited by MIK

Its a strange old game, I think the Tyne had more fish run the counter this year than the 10 year average.

Them thin fish are :-( to see back again, no fecking wonder they grabbed your badly presented flee, they must of been starving :-)

• Like 2

Some of them are like socks very thin,some nice ones there too,nice grilse the wee lad is holding :D .fishing was poor here in the foyle system early on,picked up end of

July on,had six all in,only out dozen times myself.Water levels low,rivers haven't went down since season has been over.

Maybe next year will be better