Paypal Scam, Seller Be Aware !

Guys just to let you know a form of scam performed by con artist.

As you may know I am selling a R10 MK2 on Gunstar and a guy named stephen plate contacted me to buy the rifle. He will not give me his phone number and he want me to accept payment in paypal. I dont have problem taking payment with paypal but the buyer insists on getting his friend to pick up the rifle. Now here comes the problem! If you, the seller, can not provide proof of delivery, you will be screwed by paypal, because the fund can be reversed!!! Google this type of scam, it's not new.

Here is the conversation I had with this con man:

Me Hi you asked me to contact you, feek free to call me on my mobile 07772146068 Sij8 Sent from Samsung Mobile
Today at 4:31 PM
stephen plate
To Me
Today at 4:33 PM
Thanks for your mail.i will appreciate more pictures..I am ready to buy it now for my son as a surprise promise gift,And due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. i would be glad to pay for it as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due to my tight schedule.Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:
1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)what is The final Price
I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so that I can make the payment asap. I will be waiting for your reply!
Thanks..
Me
To stephen plate
Today at 4:41 PM
Hi I would like to speak to you to verify a few things, I don't deal with strangers
On Friday, 1 November 2013, 16:43, stephen plate <cplate1522@gmail.com> wrote:
Am Satisfied with the price I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for.Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well.I will arrange with someone to have this picked up for your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment.In the meantime,can you send me more pictures and i will be glad if you can set up an account with PayPal is very easy and safe just log on tohttp://www.paypal.com/ and set up the account PayPal is the only online payment company that i trust i have been using it for for the past 7 years and i have never have problem with them.i will be glad if you can get back to me asap so i can know if you are still interested in this deal. i can assure you that am a faithful person and this transaction will be a legit transaction.pls kindly get back to me if you are interested in this deal,Thanks
Me
To stephen plate
Today at 11:26 PM
You know, I really hate to see people like you trying to con others, your trick is too old, paypal can reverse money if the seller cant obtain a proof of delivery. Also, air rifle is not covered by paypal's terms and conditions. You will be reported.

Edited by Siji Jin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

......... Sherlock and Doc Watson strike again

Blimey. What's the odds on that? Being scammed as a buyer and nearly scammed as a seller in the same week? I'd buy a lottery ticket if I was you.

better of with face to face anyway, if you want something that is getting sold for a good price just pay a bit more for it in petrol, you know exactly what you are buying and no chance of getting ripp

Yes I got conned recently, thats why I did a lot of research on how to avoid scams:) Thought I share my stories so you dont get conned

Blimey. What's the odds on that? Being scammed as a buyer and nearly scammed as a seller in the same week? I'd buy a lottery ticket if I was you. :D

• Like 1

Yes I got conned recently, thats why I did a lot of research on how to avoid scams:) Thought I share my stories so you dont get conned

Blimey. What's the odds on that? Being scammed as a buyer and nearly scammed as a seller in the same week? I'd buy a lottery ticket if I was you. :D

theres more :yes::laugh::laugh: