Good To Have My Lad Back Out. . . .

Well, the whippet has been back up and running a couple of weeks now, after pretty much two months on the lead with a foot injury. Obviously he was very unfit at the start, but i've been out with him pretty much every day or night since then, doing some kind of running and catching, and his fitness is starting to build back up. We've had no massive bags but taken a variety of quarry and had some memorable hunts and catches, both out alone and with friends. One particularly pleasant walk out was with wales1234 and another friend, where we gave the dogs some good runs on some challenging land, long slips, short grass and no hedges. The dogs took five a piece, catching most of what they ran. Probably the most enjoyable though, was a short walk out with Finn and a single jill, no nets, this morning before work. Finn marked five sets which produced five single rabbits of which he took four, the lucky escapee making it to the refuge of some enfenced solar panels. Two of the rabbits were plucked from the holes before they had a chance to bolt and the dog was as calm, and on the ball as a good ferreting dog should be. It was damn good to be standing in a field in the rain, watching my lad, do what he loves.

I haven't really taken many photos but have a few off my phone from the last couple of nights / days.

IMG_0429_zps7cfe61fb.jpg

IMG_0436_zps565068bc.jpg

IMG_0438_zpsa584f8b6.jpg

IMG_0439_zps3c50fa50.jpg

IMG_0441_zpsc95257e3.jpg

IMG_0442_zps661f0aea.jpg

IMG_0444_zps1d3e4de3.jpg

IMG_0445_zps6989c61b.jpg

IMG_0448_zps94f272e8.jpg

image_zps37fbb07b.jpg

image_zps32d84c06.jpg

• Like 9

Good to see mate......time and patience is always the key..... :thumbs:

Many things are sent to try us in this game.....and I know you were worried for a while.....all came good though.......fingers xed it'll be onwards and upwards from here on in..... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

glad he coming on ok now jai, nice+steady thats the trick, just started my pup with free running, he had 8 weeks lead work with his shoulder injury.Been doing 24 mile a week with bike, he likes that and its nice way to get out with them as well i like it as well, i try mine in the lamp end of the month.!

glad he coming on ok now jai, nice+steady thats the trick, just started my pup with free running, he had 8 weeks lead work with his shoulder injury.Been doing 24 mile a week with bike, he likes that and its nice way to get out with them as well i like it as well, i try mine in the lamp end of the month.!

Is his injury 100% sorted now ray?

Is his injury 100% sorted now ray?

yeh think so Gaz, he seems fine at moment, and like above he is doing great.Suppose the test will be when i take him out lamping, going to try him end of the month, he looking great got lot of weight of him, and jumping few sheep fences no prob, so bit of luck he should be ok .

Injuries.... :censored:

It is a worry and it can be a long haul.....with no guarantees at the end of the road.... :thumbs:

We're entering the 5th week of 8 weeks rest here all going well though...and with a slow build up back into things it's gonna be well into January before we're remotely ready to 'get going' again...so Finn's season is going to amount to little more than two or three months.... :thumbs:

He's coped well with the confinement and lack of being out and about.....collie types ain't suited to doing rest.....but he's been pretty contented.... :thumbs:

Onwards and upwards...... :thumbs:

He does look glum though.... :laugh:

post-57287-0-22848600-1383400758.jpeg