What Are Border Terriers Capable Of.

If people worked them as much as they talked about them on here then there would be some decent one's around.....!

It's a forum for discussing terriers, what's your point??

My point is that there is a lot of talk on here about working Borders but not that many decent working Borders around.

You cant really know that mate if you think about it. You can only really know there are a lot of none workers,but that can be said of lots of breeds from Patterdales to Cocker spaniels.

Its a known fact thats why certain people were trying to revive the working border.As a worker its a dying breed.I know a good few people that breed them and they will tell you.There are some very good working borders around but a lot can't pass on their qualities.Its a great shame as they are a cracking type of terrier.

Have you seen a Border working Moorman? Who do you know that breeds workers,are they on this forum?

I have seen several Borders working over the years I also know of a few that work and breed Borders The Breeder being one that I will mention as he replies to anything that says border in the thread..!

I do enjoy the borders are you having a good season :thumbs:

Very good thanks R hows the young border dog shaping up? Would you be interested in a young border bitch ready to go?If so give me a bell.

He has been dug to a good few time now and a bit hard but this season will tell. will give you a bell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pockets of workers all over the UK ..Most are too hard to be honest..Thats the only fault I find .Getting the right mix is the hardest part

If people worked them as much as they talked about them on here then there would be some decent one's around.....!

There more than capable of doing anything you want them to. It's true that some can be soft but that's more down to the breeding. A lot of people don't have the patience to use them for earth work a

Posted Images

ive seen a few good uns ;) on the hard side mind :yes: my mates had a line-all gone now,last dog was picked up by local farmer and shot because he didnt see eye to eye with my mate :censored: farmer hasnt enjoyed the fallout mind-karmas a bitch :whistling: theres still a few around that can do a shift :thumbs: atb

Was that the Italian bloke or with Italian sounding name mate?

In my honest opinion ive never seen a good proper working border they just dont seem to exist around my parts but saying that ive seen plenty of good workers with border in them they seem to improve lines that are just lacking a small bit they add good strength in the head a bit of brain and the ones ive seen wouldnt have been too soft either.

• Like 1

jeff feneroli rip nice chap :thumbs:

Ive heard his name but never had the pleasure. How were his dogs bred and what happened to them after his death?

theres 1 or 2 lads that have his breeding ;) i had a border/lakie bitch 5yr ago with fenners blood in her-almost killed one of my 4yr old black bitches at 11 months old-hard as iron--they dont look like show lines :thumbs:post-71454-0-53843600-1383897421_thumb.jpgtilly-gave her to a gamekeeper down st aust way-she worked well for a few seasons and was lost to ground.shame because there was good breeding on the border and lakie side of her

jeff feneroli rip nice chap :thumbs:

He was a good bloke,I was going to down to his for a couple of digs with my borders until he passed away.i gave him a cracking deerhound/greyhound bitch which he said he had a few people wanting her just for show.but he wouldn't let them have her.i know his borders were hard as nails and like mine they were layed up healing more times than you would of liked to get them out.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1