McCann Poll

Would You Leave Your Children Unattended On Holiday?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Leave Your Toddlers Alone While You Dine?

• Yes. Going On The Piss, And Leaving Toddlers Alone, Is Totally Normal.
    • No. Leaving A 3 Year Old Asleep, While I Go For A Meal, Is Wrong.

I am not and never going to be a parent but have to agree with most. If i was then never would i leave them alone while i went out on night out. Not just for someone snatching them but in a strabge place/building i would worry about fire. Cant understand why they refused a sitting service.

He stated on arrival back to uk they played no part in the disaperance of Maddie but in my mind they did but leaving her alone in the first place.

I hope to God they find the Lass and shes alive and well.

As for the Portugese well when we go to a strange country we have to accept their laws and ways of dealing with crimes after all we insist people coming here abide by and accept our laws etc (even if it dosent work out in our favour!)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving their kids in that flat will haunt that couple for the rest of their lives. Im sorry but any parent who says they have never ever let their child out of their sight long enough for something terrible to happen is a liar.End of the day this couple are paying the ultimate price for their mistake and wake up to a living hell every day which i doubt if any one of you people spoting your "id have done this and id have done that" crap could even begin to comprehend. and if that little girl was old enough to understand the things that have been written on this thread about her parents i think she would be as disgusted with humanity as i and anyone else with a human heart is.get a grip folks and just pray for her safe return.

I'll break this down and be as concise as I possibly can.

Parental.

Neglect.

Needs.

Punishing.

Let that sink in for a moment...

A heart? Yeah. It's terrible what has happened. No one deserves to go through what they have done.

Punished? No. Any working class parents in the this country would be on remand now, for what they did, and despite the media circus they now demand privacy.

To say they've suffered enough is an insult to all the other hard working parents, in the world, that graft to provide for their families and PUT THEIR CHILDREN FIRST.

For the 3 that voted yes, up to now, you are beneath contempt.

you sound like a right prat

oh look !!! mick the prick is back with another bullshit reply :wallbash:

poacher jim why dont you post on something you may know something about - eggs for instance!!! I wont comment on the McCanns except to say I'd sooner leave my kids with them than you

[bANNED TEXT] A NOB WHAT DO YA WANNA BE WHEN YOU GROW UP! ANY WAY MICKEY YOU MUST HAVE LEARNED A NEW WORD AS YOU DID NOT CALL ME A TWAT !!

I had an argument last week over this exact same thing. He said that he has never left his kids -ever. I said that everybody in the world at some stage has- giving chance for a sicko to nab em. I asked him if when he pays for his petrol does he leave his kids in the car or take em in- he said he leaves them but thats different- is it balls! they could get taken easily. I asked him if when he or his wife put the washing out in the back garden does he leave the kids in the house-he says thats diferent-is it balls, they again could be taken.

I wouldnt dream of leaving them like the mcanns did, never ever! but we have all been guilty of leaving the kids at some stage but not to such a degree. Putting washing out, paying for petrol, washing the car or mowing the lawn. We have all done it, but not to the extent of having a feckin sit down meal and leaving em 100 yards away ( doubt they were short of a bob or two for a babysitter either) in a strange country!

I wouldnt leave my handbag in an apartment on a bed..so i certainly woulndt leave my kids..we have travelled all over the world with both of our daughters, from the time they were infants, we all ate together...early..or we didnt go out to eat..simple as that. I wouldnt dream of leaving my dogs either..so why on earth your kids? I think the fact that the McCanns are Doctors almost made them exempt from criticism in the beginning...had they both been factory workers the public slaying of them would have been instant. I think also if from day 1 if they had said 'oh my god, we have been so stupid..etc' but from day one they bumped their gums about the fact that they are 'responsible' parents..saying it was the same as having a BBQ in your garden..what utter nonsense. I'm not sure if the parents are involved..but there IS something VERY stange about the whole case, every person i have ever hard talking about it says the same..the mothers' compusure and lack of emotion is actually quite chilling. :icon_eek:

A sample taken from the boot of the hire car used by Madeleine McCann's parents is a "99 per cent match" for the missing girl's DNA, a report claims.

The dramatic claim comes as Portuguese police prepare to hand their file on the case to the public prosecutor for him to consider whether to bring charges against her parents.

Tests returned from the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham on a specimen taken from the McCanns's Renault Scenic showed it was a full match of Madeleine's DNA, unnamed sources told Sky News.

The results prove that the girl's body was in the boot of the car, which was not hired until 25 days after she went missing, the sources said.

full story

That's where for me the whole thing falls apart..IF the parents did kill her..how on earth could:

a)they keep the body hidden in that heat without refridgeration

b)how could they have moved the body with all the Police presence and the media watching them 24/7

c)surely even if they had managed to overcome the above, someone would have followed them?

d)why would they have wanted to kill her..she was conceived via IVF

One thing i have wondered about is...did she really go missing between 9-10pm...the parents were the only ones to actually see her in her bed...she was seen in the afternoon that day, but no-one saw her after tea time..its conceivable that IF the parents did have something to do with it that they got rid of her body long before they reported her missing?

The other things i find odd are, 1)why did the parents immediately suspect that she had been abducted..would your first thought not be that she had wandered off? 2)apparently the twins slept right through the parents screaming in the apartment when they realised the older girl was missing, they slept through lights being put on, people searching and finally the Police carrying them out of the apartment an hour later..this isnt normal, if the kids are heavy sleepers? My kids are both heavy sleepers, but if i put the lights on or they heard shouting or a voice they didnt know, even as toddlers they would have stirred.

My husband and i were talking about this case the other night with friends, we were saying that they had kept the media spotlight on the case etc and my friend said that she wondered if the parent/s had that Munchausers (sp?) syndrome..apparently these people thrive on the attention..

Whatever has happened and whoever is at fault that poor kid is still missing..you have to hope for her sake that if she was taken by a paedophile that her suffering didnt last too long. I dont think she was alive for longer than the first 24hrs...