Gutted The Season Is Long Over For Me

im not on here that often, though its good seeing so many doing well. my dog recently broke her leg in 4 places , which obviously has me gutted , its the first time in my 25 year in this game iv had a dog sustain such a horrific injury. in honest it was just a freak collision with another dog whilst chasing down prey. there is a 50 50 chance she may lose her leg so fingers crossed. i hope everyone's doing well and hope all get through rest of season without enduring what im going through . i suppose the only thing i can do is sit back and read of all your successes and look out for a pup for next winter whilst my bitch just enjoys the quiet life of just being the family pet

be safe everyone

• Like 1

cheers guys, its a tough one but these things happen.

yeah chris that was some trek back with her, just over 5 hours it took to get off the mountain. i take it you heard what i had to leave behind, i had tto there was no way i could carry everything and there was no way i was going back up to get it i was shatterd.

if this has taught me one thing its taught me this

no matter how well you know the land or your dogs capebilites always be prepared cause accidents can happen at any time. always tell someone whee your going that knows the area well, incase you ever need assistance. it does not matter how much knowledge you may or may not have in running dogs its always good to ensure there is help available should you require it . i didn't and its a mistake i will never make again

• Like 11

yeah chris that was some trek back with her, just over 5 hours it took to get off the mountain. i take it you heard what i had to leave behind, i had tto there was no way i could carry everything and there was no way i was going back up to get it i was shatterd.

no matter how well you know the land or your dogs capebilites always be prepared cause accidents can happen at any time. always tell someone whee your going that knows the area well, incase you ever need assistance. it does not matter how much knowledge you may or may not have in running dogs its always good to ensure there is help available should you require it . i didn't and its a mistake i will never make again

Sage advise that, takes a lot to admit openly when you've dropped a bollock.

fingers crossed for the dog.

ATB :thumbs:

• Like 3

im not on here that often, though its good seeing so many doing well. my dog recently broke her leg in 4 places , which obviously has me gutted , its the first time in my 25 year in this game iv had a dog sustain such a horrific injury. in honest it was just a freak collision with another dog whilst chasing down prey. there is a 50 50 chance she may lose her leg so fingers crossed. i hope everyone's doing well and hope all get through rest of season without enduring what im going through . i suppose the only thing i can do is sit back and read of all your successes and look out for a pup for next winter whilst my bitch just enjoys the quiet life of just being the family pet

be safe everyone

Wouldn't put her out to pasture just yet, fingers crossed the leg can be fixed,

but even as a tripod you will be surprised at just what they can do.

• Like 1

Feck what you left behind, you carried your dog back, that's good enough for me.

• Like 3