Strays

I called into a stray dog kennels at the weekend as I was passing to donate some food for them. Had a look round and fell in love with a saluki type dog. Went home and got the pup to take back and they seem to get on fine. Going back this weekend to take them for another walk and introduce them to each other again. Whats people views on stray dogs. He will just be a pet if I do get him. Ive got plenty rom for another dog and think he will fit in with me. Plus the wife has also fell in love with him so I dont really get a say lol.

Atb chris

Full of yappers and jackers. Its Hard enough in this game get a pup wherd you know the full history never mind one from there. You hear people falling on there feet with some but most will come with baggage. ..

Sal x especially don't change hands well

• Like 1

I called into a stray dog kennels at the weekend as I was passing to donate some food for them. Had a look round and fell in love with a saluki type dog. Went home and got the pup to take back and they seem to get on fine. Going back this weekend to take them for another walk and introduce them to each other again. Whats people views on stray dogs. He will just be a pet if I do get him. Ive got plenty rom for another dog and think he will fit in with me. Plus the wife has also fell in love with him so I dont really get a say lol.

Atb chris

if it works out then alls good, just be mindful most dogs that end up in these places are there for a reason and these reasons will vary from dog to dog and the circumstances they were in.

Cheers lads. He wont be worked really although he would probably come out with me from time to time to see whats going on. All the other dogs were barking and he got out of his bed and sat at my feet lol. Now her indoora has her heart set on him ill not have a say anyway.

Atb chris

if it works out then alls good, just be mindful most dogs that end up in these places are there for a reason and these reasons will vary from dog to dog and the circumstances they were in.

A lot are the by product of feckless fuckwits though....who discard them as their mood changes.....always depresses me.... :censored:

Good luck with the dog.

• Like 7

If you and your wife, agree on giving the dog a good home go for it, ((( the lurcher/ running dog, has to be the Hardest game for a pup, I would say 75% are purposely bred, or selected breeding, out of litter 8 pups maybe only two or 3 will

make the dog that the owner was dreaming about,, the rest they disappear, or end up at the dog pound, a Saluki x can be a little slow at maturing, at 15/ 16 months, they maybe not showing there potential,an impatient handler, he wants the dog to be doing the business, if they are not up to there expectations the dog goes on the merry-go-round, probably poor recall,

they come back when they feel like it, ((( out in the field that is,))) or crying in the kennel, give the dog a good home,

and in a 2or 3 months time when the dog has settled with you, you could get your reward in a very good way,,,, best of luck with your venture,

• Like 1

As paulus, borderscot and fazza have said, also a fair percentage of lurchers in rescue centres etc could well have been stolen and tried by said thieves and fecked off and found wandereing, might be feck all wrong with the dog :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

As paulus, borderscot and fazza have said, also a fair percentage of lurchers in rescue centres etc could well have been stolen and tried by said thieves and fecked off and found wandereing, might be feck all wrong with the dog :thumbs:

edited to add, and the above post from border lad lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

I do a bit for a stray pound when I have the time and a lot of the lurchers that come in are injured mainly saluki based.

Sure some do genuinely escape but most are dumped but I've homed 2 to working homes and once both dogs have had time to recuperate and bond well,have both gone to graft well for there new owners with no real problems.

Sacking a dog for another "better" x seems the norm atm you just have to go on any of the FB so called lurcher pages to see the amount of tossers in the game.

Anyway good luck with the new dog hope things work out for your family.

• Like 1