Hw100 Kt Or Daystate Huntsman Regal?

Now that's a difficult one! I have both of those but in different calibres, both very pointable, both very accurate, hw can be got at a better deal because daystate don't give the retailer such leeway, nope, I don't think I could choose! SO to me it would come down to aesthetics.

• Like 2

The Daystate is prettier but that's about it.

I have both in .177. As Vilaman said theres no power curve with the HW, you get two mags and a silencer and it's quieter.

I don't think there's anything between them regarding build quality and the Daystate is a nice gun but the HW is better in my opinion. The best thing to do is try both side by side if possible a make your own mind up.

Chris

• Like 2

I'm no fan of PCPs with their soulless firing characteristics and limited shot counts and all the paraphenalia that goes with just getting air into the things to go shooting with....BUT......

I bought a .177 Daystate Huntsman Classic for my fiancee Helen's Christmas present, plus scopes and the whole kit and kaboodle to get her up and shooting and I'm seriously pleased and impressed with how well this rifle balances and shoots. It is incredibly accurate and consistent right to the end of the shot count per fill (about 60 if I remember from testing it.) So I reckon this new Regal version must be a superb rifle because the Huntsman it is based on honestly is.

If I was in the market for one of these things, this Huntsman Classic or the Regal is what I would be after. Absolutely brilliant rifle, fabulous trigger and a way better bolt action than the HW100 sidelever. And I'm a HUGE fan of Weihrauch rifles.

And that is more than high praise for any PCP from me! :thumbs:

Pianoman

Edited to add.

You can get a fully dedicated left-handed version of the Daystate Regal with everything set for left-hand shooting without compromises. And at this sort of money, that's what I would be going for. That bolt-action is really nice!

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 2

I'm no fan of PCPs with their soulless firing characteristics and limited shot counts and all the paraphenalia that goes with just getting air into the things to go shooting with....BUT......

I bought a .177 Daystate Huntsman Classic for my fiancee Helen's Christmas present, plus scopes and the whole kit and kaboodle to get her up and shooting and I'm seriously pleased and impressed with how well this rifle balances and shoots. It is incredibly accurate and consistent right to the end of the shot count per fill (about 60 if I remember from testing it.) So I reckon this new Regal version must be a superb rifle because the Huntsman it is based on honestly is.

If I was in the market for one of these things, this Huntsman Classic or the Regal is what I would be after. Absolutely brilliant rifle, fabulous trigger and a way better bolt action than the HW100 sidelever. And I'm a HUGE fan of Weihrauch rifles.

Pianoman

Edited to add.

You can get a fully dedicated left-handed version of the Daystate Regal with everything set for left-hand shooting without compromises. And at this sort of money, that's what I would be going for. That bolt-action is really nice!

Fair enough, thanks. By the way have you ever used the HW100?

I have shot with an HW100 with a thumbhole, ambidextrous stock for a full week as I was considering buying one, a few years ago. It is a superb rifle no question and I am a big fan of Weihrauch from their spring rifles.

It was the fact that there was no left-hand Bavarian sporter stock version that put me off. If they made it left-handed with that stock, I may well have bought one.

Pianoman

Edited to add.

Fair enough, thanks. By the way have you ever used the HW100?

• Like 1

and a way better bolt action than the HW100 sidelever. And I'm a HUGE fan of Weihrauch rifles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain in what way :hmm:

The cocking mechanism is the best I have ever used. Exremely smooth and minimal pressure needed to cock it and the superb built in safety featute that prevents loading more than 1 pellet into the barrel at a time. Add the metal 14 shot mag to the equasion and well, say no more.

My HW100s is definately the best air rifle I have ever owned,

John :thumbs:

Edited by mjr88
  • Like 2