Gun Lamp

What type of shooting it for rabbits or fox?

Is it mainly from car or walking about ?

Incase u wonder y I ask this is because a scope mounted one which is ok for rabbits is a pain in the arse for foxing as it's rather hard to scan about with it on the rifle. But if you 2 lamps one for scanning an one on rifle for the shooty part yes by al means go for it.

Another important thing is if your manly on ur feet most of the time then u won't want to hull big 240mm lamp and a battery that will guarantee a sore shoulder.

In this case a led would be better that will fit in ur pocket and still produce a 600yard beam and see eyes much further couple of led torch I would suggest .crelant 7g5cs or a thrunite tn31 both will go on scope with a simple 8 shape bracket.

If most of the shooting is done from vehicle then I would go for a 170mm light force lamp with a dimmable beam

Hi lads

looking for a good scope mounted lamp, dont want to spend loads, something with around 200m beam, any suggestions would be great

cheers

froudy

Its a difficult one. The smaller scope mounted lights in my opinion arent much good beyond 100m. The larger lights like a light force are just too big & clumsy, & requires a big a/h batter, although the range is good.

I use the ND3 laser which in the right conditions will light up a fox at 200m sufficiently for shooting. Downside its not cheap.

Other option is NV which racks up the cost.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Edited by fireblade_rrw

Crelant 7g5cs

Trunite tn31

Nothing compares to these lights

Tn31 brighter but bit bigger and holds a extra battery

Crelant + good batterys (keeppower 3400mah) will cost £100 delivered to your door

Easily fitted to scope will a simple 8 shape clamp of ebay.

The light that comes of this uk manufacturers led lights is pathetic.

I'm spotting eye glare at 700/800 yards and identifying at 400 through scope

Edited by GEOFF.223

Crelant 7g5cs

Trunite tn31

Nothing compares to these lights

Tn31 brighter but bit bigger and holds a extra battery

Crelant + good batterys (keeppower 3400mah) will cost £100 delivered to your door

Easily fitted to scope will a simple 8 shape clamp of ebay.

The light that comes of this uk manufacturers led lights is pathetic.

I'm spotting eye glare at 700/800 yards and identifying at 400 through scope

how much is a set of spare batteries or bulb? i read somewhere that if bulb or batteries go your fecked, is this true?

Not at all all crelant and trunite torches come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Chanches of a cree led going are slim to none

The keepower and xtar 18650 battery's have Panasonic cells, basically a Panasonic battery with a different cover.

If you do decide to get a torch that takes 18650 or the other wee stumpy ones check reviews only of which ones are good if there cheaper than £15 a pair there junk and will last less than ten minutes.

I have 2 set of batterys and after a full charge it will do me 2 nights foxing