Ida Coyote Coursing Season 2013-14

Say what you want about the drawing ,ive done it most have but either leave the dog to it or shoot it .Its the tail pulling that concerns me and nothing else .Pressure down the spine can only go one way .A retired dog needing huge vets bills or a bullet .Seen it with 2 lurchers and a terrier of mine that i stupidly drew with the tail and not back legs .Both lurchers were the result of drawing as shown but not by me nor was i present .

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We started a little slow this year catching one here one there, but picked up the slack yesterday and caught 4. I picked up a and new female during the summer and got her on two and she didn't disappo

December 6th , 2013     Words from Uphill- Steve Thomas passed away today. He was in the end stages of cancer. He knew he had a very short time left, but never complained and only asked th

i suppose the dogs are there to be tested ...running em to ground then shooting them aint testing them imo. Granted its frowned upon over here but its probably the done thing over there. No different

Posted Images

One thing i've always wanted to know is how fast are the Pronghorns when compared to a white tail or a jackrabbit? if it were legal I'd love to have a pop at one of those 'speed-goats'...

Lets just say this. Good luck catchin a white tail with a dog unless the situation is way in your dogs favor and catching a pronghorn aint friggin happening unless something goes drastically wrong for the goat.

Thanks for the reply. I've always wondered about Pronghorn. They said that the Blackbuck of India was uncatchable but I think some pure saluki's caught them by a war of attrition.

How would, say, a greyhound compare to a whitetail, speedwise? thanks JD

I took two dogs out from Wales to Manitoba, Canada and run Jack rabbits, the one bitch coming from Maxhardcore with Captain and Stan the Man in her breeding, she was dynamite, however Jacks are something else compared to our Brown Hares and are a lot harder to catch and appear faster too. Good fun though.

One thing i've always wanted to know is how fast are the Pronghorns when compared to a white tail or a jackrabbit? if it were legal I'd love to have a pop at one of those 'speed-goats'...

Lets just say this. Good luck catchin a white tail with a dog unless the situation is way in your dogs favor and catching a pronghorn aint friggin happening unless something goes drastically wrong for the goat.

Thanks for the reply. I've always wondered about Pronghorn. They said that the Blackbuck of India was uncatchable but I think some pure saluki's caught them by a war of attrition.

How would, say, a greyhound compare to a whitetail, speedwise? thanks JD

I took two dogs out from Wales to Manitoba, Canada and run Jack rabbits, the one bitch coming from Maxhardcore with Captain and Stan the Man in her breeding, she was dynamite, however Jacks are something else compared to our Brown Hares and are a lot harder to catch and appear faster too. Good fun though.

I thought there were the same animal, are the jack,s bigger+faster than the English brown hare ?

Got my Bullstag going today on her first coyote. Saw 4 ran 3 caught two and one race was a nice one and when we got out run it was sweet. Yes thats shrimp wrapped in bacon.

11814a_zps8435f49a.jpg

"Gantz" Stitch X Gizzy female . I like this dog.

11814cgantz_zpsf783aad9.jpg

11814dgush_zpseb16f0d7.jpg

BACON

11814b_zpsb3246095.jpg

Edited by STUNTMAN
  • Like 1