Fallow Buck This Morning

Recently got a new bit of permission not far from my door step which is rather handy. Only a small bit of land not sure on acreage but it tends to get plenty of fallow passing through it with the odd munty. Got shown around by the owner a few days ago and from seeing lots of tracks and signs of deer I was very keen to get down there as soon as I could. The day after I got shown round I decided to pop down after work just for a look around once more before taking my rifle. On arrival after work I walked through the 2 small plantations and across the larger of fields which has rows of conifers and elms. In the distance I could hear a buck grunting and could see around 20 or so does and kids in a field next to my permission. I continued to watch them all when out popped the buck that I could hear grunting he was completely black with a reasonably good head on him too which made even keener to get down. Saturday came and I was hopefully gonna get down there but ended having to do bits indoors. But I was on for an early stalk this morning up at about 6 quick coffee n a fag n I was off. Arrived about 6.15 crept quiet through the 1st plantation n spooked 2 young fallow which ran in the direction of where I see the herd on the Friday after work. Carried on into the larger field which is where I wanted to be. I could hear a buck grunting again which seemed quite far away but could hear him every so often so was feeling confident. I plotted up under one of the huge conifers rifle at the ready on the sticks waiting for any bucks that might pass through. It was looking like I might draw a blank as I hadn't seen anything or heard the buck anymore by about 8.30 but decided to stick out for a few more hours. 15 mins later 2 does and 3 kids passes through. Within the next half hour I could hear lots of grunting which was get closer and loader. It sounded like there could possibly be 2 bucks which I confirmed when I could hear the sound of antlers crashing together. The wind was heading straight into my face and all the trees wobbling like mad. At 10 got a txt from the mrs asking when is be home replied saying about half hour. Then out of from the far end of the large field the whole herd started passing through right at the front was a large spooked buck with larger antlers than the black buck I see on the Friday after work. Following him was 20 or more does and kids and at the back the black buck. The got to within 100 yards or do and I give out a load whistle stopping the spotted buck, Crack went my sauer 202 as I sent a 100grain federal into the bucks vitals he ran 30 yards and crashed under a row of conifers. I was buzzing with adrenalin my heart was going like the clappers lol 1st te there and I get a decent buck I'm well chuffed :)) started trying to drag him back to my van but he was so heavy. Gave the owners a quick ring and he gave me a hand getting him back in his dumper truck.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv74/firthy_bucket/null_zpsb18ae159.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv74/firthy_bucket/null_zpsc2998de5.jpg

Lovely buck mate, well done :toast:

• 2 weeks later...