Edwards' Coyote Catches 2013 & 21014

They dont take no prisoners thats for sure lol.

I agree tough, that the dog that was trying to kill it, should of done a better job and quicker, however, it was a coyote and i really think it had its hands full, i would of tryd to help the dog myself, with a accurate and careful bang on the head to the coyote. :thumbs:

It wasn't a Coyote, it was an Arabian Wolf.. probably a bit smaller and lighter than a Coyote, but still formidable quarry for one dog. I'm not knocking the dog that had a go, it probably done well considering it was doing it all itself. I'm sure Dan would agree, if you dump a dog on it's quarry, it should have a go, not walking around it, having the odd "taste".

Yeah, it seems to be a subspecies as seen below, however, it seems smaller then a normal wolf and more the size of a coyote.

Personally, i like wolfs and would not hunt the myself, each to their own though... :thumbs:

Different story though when it comes to coyotes, as they really are a major pest in the states, as i have a father living over their and he tells me what their like.

Wolfs avoid humans most of the time, coyotes are more cheeky and can be a pain, their also seems to be a lot more of them about, as they seem a lot more adaptable..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_wolf

You might want to re-think your views on wolves. The foreign introduced McKenzie Valley wolf is causing absolute havoc in the lower 48...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan's bitch "Flirt" yesterday You got something there when a Stag can handle one by its self, never mind a female.

Danny--->      

Thanks Stunt.   I seen two very cool catches last night for coyotes 77 and 78 for this winter. First one was a female and she was very fast. She tried to straight line and then she ran around a hi

Quick question..may have been asked before but can't say as i recall. What do you lads over there do with the yote carcass once skinned?? leave it for carrion fodder and such or do you have a use for it ?

Quick question..may have been asked before but can't say as i recall. What do you lads over there do with the yote carcass once skinned?? leave it for carrion fodder and such or do you have a use for it ?

ive often thought that, wonder if the stags would eat it .? Dan lol

• Like 1

i can see you licking your lips wondering what yote tastes like :laugh:

• Like 1

Saluki246-Your not like 99% of the folks that say they like wolves...but have never seen one, or know what they really are like in the wild...are ya?

Stabba-..."Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"...

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

The coyotes just get tossed like Doc said.

I have no idea whats in the makeup of these dogs nor do I care to be quite honest.

Fair play, they do look a mixture like......so they are basically just big rangy lurchers.

In reality no one knows what's in a staghound, they try and claim they do but really they don't. All I know about mine is that they had borzoi and irish wolfhound added in the past 30 years of breeding.

Cheers mate, see that's funny how different countries do different things.......I wouldn't even entertain a dog over here if someone said that it had Borzoi or wolfhound anywhere near the gene pool as over here all of those type of dogs are complete and utter articles

I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the eating and if you have a line doing the job then that's more than good enough.

Cheers boys, as I said before, it's a decent thread

I guess what I'm sayin is don't get lost in the language. Growing up every slick haired fast dog was a greyhound. Every one with hair was a deerhound. I never heard of a staghound til the internet. My dad was clueless as to what I was talkin about. When I finally showed him he just laughed and knew what they were but had never ever heard staghound before.

• Like 1