Edwards' Coyote Catches 2013 & 21014

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan's bitch "Flirt" yesterday You got something there when a Stag can handle one by its self, never mind a female.

Danny--->      

Thanks Stunt.   I seen two very cool catches last night for coyotes 77 and 78 for this winter. First one was a female and she was very fast. She tried to straight line and then she ran around a hi

Caught two more today. That brings us up to 76 so far this winter. Caught the biggest male of the year so far weighing in at 37 pounds. What a monster! Prolly the fastest coyote I've ran all year too and by far the toughest sumbitch.

Edited by Dan Edwards

Thanks Stunt.

I seen two very cool catches last night for coyotes 77 and 78 for this winter. First one was a female and she was very fast. She tried to straight line and then she ran around a hill side and when them two things failed she went to twistin and turnin. This allowed Junior to get back in the race with Flirt and for the young dog Yeti to catch up too eventually. Yeti can obviously outrun Junior but being only 11 months old yesterday he don't leave the truck worth a damn yet. Anyhow when Flirt caught the coyote she dumped it and they both went up on their back feet at each other. They kinda locked onto one another and Flirt went to shaking her loose and right when she busted loose to nail the throat Junior came flying in there full speed and hammer the coyote in the throat and they went tumbling.

Second catch was a male and he was also fast but not as fast as the female. Anyhow he went hard straight away also and when he knew he was fixin to get caught he made one or two little moves to try to throw her but when that didn't work he turned to fight and when he did Flirt exploded into his throat caught it and rolled a few times. Game over.

Like I said two very cool catches last night. Kinda proud of them dogs.

• Like 6

Thanks a lot for putting up my pics for me Stun. I gotta figure out why I cant post pictures nor quote anybody on here anymore. I'm sure its something on my end and not the site at all so it may take awhile.

Anyhow had 3 really nice catches on Saturday as you can. All I can say is that young hound in that top pic is possibly the best young hound I have ever seen in my life. I have no idea how she has managed to do what she has done but she has now been in on 4 coyote races and has somehow figure out how to outrun every dog she is on the ground with and has caught all 4 coyotes she has ran. I watched her run one for about a 5 mile sight chase Saturday and literally run the coyote completely out of air. The two of them were just standing there staring at each other bout 100 yards from the road which resulted in the last pic there. She aint started tying into them yet but she will maybe someday.

Thanks a lot for putting up my pics for me Stun. I gotta figure out why I cant post pictures nor quote anybody on here anymore. I'm sure its something on my end and not the site at all so it may take awhile.

Anyhow had 3 really nice catches on Saturday as you can. All I can say is that young hound in that top pic is possibly the best young hound I have ever seen in my life. I have no idea how she has managed to do what she has done but she has now been in on 4 coyote races and has somehow figure out how to outrun every dog she is on the ground with and has caught all 4 coyotes she has ran. I watched her run one for about a 5 mile sight chase Saturday and literally run the coyote completely out of air. The two of them were just standing there staring at each other bout 100 yards from the road which resulted in the last pic there. She aint started tying into them yet but she will maybe someday.

s he got some stamina then Dan to run like that, and still lock on to a yote, deff a bitch to breed off in the future mate. She just normal bred stag or got something else in her .? pit,saluki etc

No she is a hound. She didn't lock onto the coyote either. That's why I said she hasn't started tying into them yet but that really don't bother me with young hounds cuz I've seen it a hundred times. I sent the big dogs to the bay out in the field and that was the end result is what I meant. My dogs cant really run anything over a mile which would be a full out sprint that would prolly last about 3:30 or so. I'm sure there are dogs out there that could run maybe for 5 minutes or so but they will not be coyote dogs at all. They wont be fast enough nor powerful enough to finish one.

• Like 1

No she is a hound. She didn't lock onto the coyote either. That's why I said she hasn't started tying into them yet but that really don't bother me with young hounds cuz I've seen it a hundred times. I sent the big dogs to the bay out in the field and that was the end result is what I meant. My dogs cant really run anything over a mile which would be a full out sprint that would prolly last about 3:30 or so. I'm sure there are dogs out there that could run maybe for 5 minutes or so but they will not be coyote dogs at all. They wont be fast enough nor powerful enough to finish one.

fair enough Dan :thumbs:

Hopefully Billy will see this and come on here to offer some of his opinions on rubbing. I think there is more than goes on than just plain ole simple mounting. I believe they rub against each other in a sorta courtship ceremony myself. Plus I also believe they paw at each other and other odd displays that normally they wouldn't do and this contributes to some of the rubbing. Billy is 2x the authority on that subject though. I just catch em. He knows all the ins and outs.

• Like 1