I Think I Have Been Coned, Buyers Please Be Aware

Guys I think I might have been coned, I saw a s410 on sale for 250 on GunStar yesterday and I contactef the seller and was told he has no PayPal account. I first asked his address and pretend that I would actually be able to meet him f to f and was given his address. He sounded honest so I offered to pay buy bank transfer. After I transferred the money to his bsbk account he did acknowledged that he received it and would post first thing next day.

Then the nightmare start, I asked my wife to text him and pretend she is interested in the s410 and was told still available. This immediately raised alarm. I questioned him about it and he said he has two of these, and he promised to senf me photos of the guns placed side by sude after he finish work. And I never heard back from him. Called many times no answer.

I contacted the bank and they cant help me... Looks like I have been coned this time...links to the ad is here:

http://m.gunstar.co.uk/air-arms-s410-air-rifles-for-sale-in-west-yorkshire/Air-Guns/628524

Do I have any chance of getting my money back?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure all these "told you so" responses are a great comfort to the OP who was asking a simple question.

I clicked on thinking someone had threw an icecream at you.......

WARNING WARNING

Posted Images

Google name and address and phone number doesn't really show me anything. Just got a message back from him saying he is in pub and will send photos tomorrow, still won't pick up phone call. In this morning, He said he arranged currier to come on Saturday morning. Guess I should wait then? Or is he trying to buy himself sometime? Does it matter if I report to police now or later next week?

Personally I'd Ring the police and ask their advise. If they feel the need to pursue it then let them. It does sound dodgy but could be legit like I said the pic shows 4 mags and only 2 offered in sale so their is reason to believe he has a second air arms pcp?

All the best mate

Dan

Guest scramble

He claims to be Mr K Maw

was that the name of the bank account you sent money to?? shouldnt be to hard to find. oh and by the way most couriers dont pick up on a saturday :no:

couriers charge an arm and a leg for saturdays and most only work until lunch :thumbs:

He claims to be Mr K Maw

was that the name of the bank account you sent money to?? shouldnt be to hard to find. oh and by the way most couriers dont pick up on a saturday :no:

couriers charge an arm and a leg for saturdays and most only work until lunch :thumbs:

Yes that's the name used for bank transfer but I don't think name matters as long as you provide correct account number and sort code