What The Laws If You Flush Badger From Cover And The Dogs Get Hold?

but hows the dogs out of control when theyre working cover that's what theyre meant to be doing and its only when the animal breaks cover when you realise whats going on? hasn't happened to me but I have seen them sheltering in hay barns etc. there should be a law in place to protect us lol

They would argue that the dog was out of control.

If a dog accidentally kills something then it isn't under your control is it.

I completely agree accidents happen, but this would be one argument the prosecution would come up with.

whats the maximum penalty for having a dog out of control?

The worst possible for me. Dog destroyed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't think any animal should be classed as a piece of shit. It shows no respect to our sport or nature.

You are a shining example of what is wrong with the dog game.

The only info you need at times is the ability to extradite the mutts from unwanted situations,dogs hunting about will often come across the less than desirable inhabitants of our green and pleasant l

Posted Images

The High Court Judgment also stated that hunting is an intentional activity; the accidental or inadvertant hunting of a wild mammal with one or more dogs is not an offence under the Act. To prove an offence of illegal hunting it would be necessary to prove that the defendant engaged and participated in the hunting and that the hunting was intentional.

The High Court Judgment also stated that hunting is an intentional activity; the accidental or inadvertant hunting of a wild mammal with one or more dogs is not an offence under the Act. To prove an offence of illegal hunting it would be necessary to prove that the defendant engaged and participated in the hunting and that the hunting was intentional.

Could you use that one if your dog had been baying steady for an hour. :laugh:

• Like 4

always a question in my mind as ive heard from oul boys about it happening. as you didn't actually go out to hunt them. maybe theyre sick or injured or just taking shelter. anybody know any info?

The only info you need at times is the ability to extradite the mutts from unwanted situations,dogs hunting about will often come across the less than desirable inhabitants of our green and pleasant land.Kick the mutts off and move on,hopefully unseen by nosey bloody bunny huggers.Learn to run fast or know how to cope with any given situation,better still,sit on the lap top and pretend.

• Like 6

always a question in my mind as ive heard from oul boys about it happening. as you didn't actually go out to hunt them. maybe theyre sick or injured or just taking shelter. anybody know any info?

The only info you need at times is the ability to extradite the mutts from unwanted situations,dogs hunting about will often come across the less than desirable inhabitants of our green and pleasant land.Kick the mutts off and move on,hopefully unseen by nosey bloody bunny huggers.Learn to run fast or know how to cope with any given situation,better still,sit on the lap top and pretend.

that's true and im sure its happened to many a hounds mn or busher, at some time. maybe better to the teach the dogs the way of the intercepting fist hahahaha

we was out bushing last season and the terrier was working the cover we had put up a good amount of rabbits so the lurcher was really switched on then my bro start shouting of me when I got to him the had a big ginger cat 2 lurcher and 4 terrier on it so there was no chance of saving it we did not no what to do there was nothing we could of don to stop this happening but I,ll bet the rspca wood fort diferant

ill tell you wat you should have done and given them dogs a good rub and plenty of praise. fck them . good dog good fog at a boy at a boy. haha.

Accidents happen and the law allows for that. But I wouldn't like to be the one trying to explain that it was a genuine accident.

I don't buy the 'out of control' thing, It's perfectly legal to be out rabbiting on permission and your dog accidentally nail a squirrel. I don't see why the law would be any different for a badger. You would obviously have to show that it was not your intention and you did everything in you power to stop it. Standing around while two lurchers swing a badger about won't help your argument, neither will sticking it because "we were putting it out of its missery".

If it ever does happen, break your dogs off and let brock go about his bussiness worse for the event. Make no attempt to harm it and every attempt to save it, provided everything else is above board you have acted within the law.

• Like 1

Accidents happen and the law allows for that. But I wouldn't like to be the one trying to explain that it was a genuine accident.

I don't buy the 'out of control' thing, It's perfectly legal to be out rabbiting on permission and your dog accidentally nail a squirrel. I don't see why the law would be any different for a badger. You would obviously have to show that it was not your intention and you did everything in you power to stop it. Standing around while two lurchers swing a badger about won't help your argument, neither will sticking it because "we were putting it out of its missery".

If it ever does happen, break your dogs off and let brock go about his bussiness worse for the event. Make no attempt to harm it and every attempt to save it, provided everything else is above board you have acted within the law.

i had this sort of accident last year i was walking my dogs off the lead with my family and was chatting to a couple when a dear was flushed by some one walking there dogs through a wood this couple i didn't realize was off duty police officer the dogs pulled it Down in the middle of this field in front of dozens of walkers all i did was got the dogs off and let it limp off there was nothing i could do ,

they didn't no i work my dogs tho they basically send it wasn't my fault nothing i could of done.

ATB long dog

the best answer on the thread. the only reason I asked is because the amount of people in the countryside with camera phones is bound to bring more accidents to light

• Like 2

This is so f*****g wrong we get done for the sake of a piece of shit animal that should be on the pest list anyway an accident is an accident u get less for killing a person this world is f****d

Don't think any animal should be classed as a piece of shit. It shows no respect to our sport or nature.

Agree no respect at all

• 10 months later...