Best Pcp For A Junior?

Evening Gents,

My 6 year old son has a crosman raven junior spring rifle at the moment, he is doing well with it but the trigger is total crap which does not help. Anyway back to the question, im looking to buy him a pcp for xmas.

He has shouldered a Brocock contour supersix in the shop which fits fine with regards to length of pull etc. It was nice and light but even though he is big for his age (about the size of an 8yo) he would still need to shoot fom sticks or bi-pod so weight is not a major factor whatever rifle we choose.

The other rifles i am going to get him to try are the Air Arms S200 and Bsa ultra se. The rifle will be used for informal target shooting to begin with and then for vermin once he proves himself.

It would be great to hear your thoughts regarding all three rifles good or bad especially if you have a youngster using one. It has been a good few years since i have done anything with air rifles so i know knothing about any of these models.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you get an S200, you can always get a small stock for it. Have a word with Ady or Mandy at A&M Custom Gunsmiths - they do them for club members and have a few that do the rounds, because as one child grows they hand that stock back and get the next size up. Ady modifies the stocks to fit. That way, you don't have to change the rifle as he grows, just the stock to fit. A very economic way of gettiing him going with a very good rifle.

I'm a biased 200 fan through and through, only point I can add is let him choose and if possible fire both, either way they are still going to be big for a 6 year old, I don't know what your route is on sights etc etc? Because the s200 doesn't come with any iron sites although a target one is very cheap off ebay..... Definantly go down the SE route if it's the ultra, that weird cocking action on the old one would e quite difficult and does require a bit of force. All the best with the selection!

Cheers for the replies lads, the Brocock is an unknown to me, last time i had anything to do with air rifles they were using the tac cartridge system. The rifle seemed to be well made and very light but as mentioned above has a very small shot count which puts me off a little.

Having had air arms rifles myself i know they are decent quality and very accurate, i will probably try and steer him in this direction but at the moment he is in love with the Bsa ultra se tactical which is purely down to looks. He is on holiday next week so i will take him to the gun shop and get him to handle them all to see which is best fit wise. Acuspell that is very useful to know regarding the stocks from A&M,that is another thing in the S200 favour.

Having been out of the game for so long it is useful to hear peoples opinions on all of the rifles, for all i know the known to me brands such as air arms etc could have taken a major down turn on quality etc. the gun shop i use is excellent and having dealt with them for more than 20years im sure they would not sell me a lemon lol.

Thanks again.