Retrieving Problems Need Help!!!!

So my pups just over 6 months been doing really well so far and was retrieving to hand... But last few days started running by me with dummy and then laying down with the dummy, but today just took him out and did a few throws for him and he ran out to the dummy and just lied down next to it a chewed it when I called him he ignored me a bit then came with out the dummy. Never had this with a dog before so don't know what to do, tried a few short retrieves like 3 meters and still the same??

Edited by Callumlurcher

sit on a chair,dummy in one had treats in the other.If the dog touches the dummy give it a treat.If the dog mouths the dummy give it a treat.He will make the conection between holding the dummy and getting a treat.Once he understands what you want add the word hold.Do this everyday for a week.Indoors or in a small area.

Drop the dummy on the floor and tell the dog to hold.When he pics it up exchange for food.You can make a game of it and hide it and then use the hold word.When this has been properly learnt you can try it outside..before you move on makes sure the dog understands fully what you want.If you feel impatient do not let the dog know.It will cause stress

• Like 3

sit on a chair,dummy in one had treats in the other.If the dog touches the dummy give it a treat.If the dog mouths the dummy give it a treat.He will make the conection between holding the dummy and getting a treat.Once he understands what you want add the word hold.Do this everyday for a week.Indoors or in a small area.

Drop the dummy on the floor and tell the dog to hold.When he pics it up exchange for food.You can make a game of it and hide it and then use the hold word.When this has been properly learnt you can try it outside..before you move on makes sure the dog understands fully what you want.If you feel impatient do not let the dog know.It will cause stress

Tried this now for 5 mins or so and he's holding for me and enjoying it hopefully that'll sort him out!