Flying Rats (Feral Pigeons )

went out again with les gedge today on the feral pigeons started about 11.45 ish finished about 3pm all the birds were shot with steel for leses cousins birds of prey so nothing wasted les was using no 5s steel i was shooting no 7s les shot 3 birds 1 shot lucky sod had great days sport although les did say they are realy stupid birds ended with 89 ferals + 2 large crows taken over 200 ferals now so farmer realy happy :yes::yes: thanks again les

post-1613-0-64822900-1382631327.jpg

post-1613-0-50027700-1382631355.jpg

Edited by archiekale
  • Like 1

I feed the ferrets ferals shot out of barns etc as i think there cleaner and freeze them before feeding to the ferrets , but townie ferrals worry me when you see them picking up fag butts and chewing gum

• 3 weeks later...

My old man keeps saying that it is ok to eat feral pigeons. Is this true or is he having me on ?

I wouldn't touch them myself if ive got any i feed every second day to the ferrets with a rabbit every other day after a week or two the ferrets are starting to leave them as well

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I eat them if they are round the farm and not towns close by.

The problem with them is that if there are towns around, they'll go and eat rubbish and get infected, if they're round the farm they'll eat what is available to other animals you shoot anyway (woodies, pheasant, rabbits, etc) so, in fact there is no difference!