Unusual Rabbit.

Was walking down a country road today with my 7 month Pup, he stopped and gave a positive mark, he then dived into thick cover, coming out with a full grown rabbit, was really pleased, then noticed there was no life in the rabbit it was stone dead.

There was no sign of injury, no sign of myxi, was slightly stiff and not warm,

Thought it maybe had been hit by car and crawled into cover, but it was as clean as a whistle, and as I said, not a mark on it. I gutted it for ferrets, and inerds were fine.

Strange one.

Through my life, I've come across this a fair bit, Joe. Sometimes you'll find a .22 slug inside them. Often as not? They just appear to have tucked up under a bramble bush and died.

I imagine the simple truth is that rabbits are mortal creatures and do die, some time.

It is though enough to give one pause to wonder how many of the f**king things are sat there, perfectly healthy, beneath clumps of brambles! :laugh:

• Like 1

probably just kicked the bucket pal...could possibly be a car hit it tho.my mate hit a rabbit with his car the thing just sat in the middle of the road sitting up he stopped and i went get it as we wernt going that fast it had a little blood on end of its nose and when i skinned it of the only bruising was on its head were the bumper ad hit it.

probably just kicked the bucket pal...could possibly be a car hit it tho.my mate hit a rabbit with his car the thing just sat in the middle of the road sitting up he stopped and i went get it as we wernt going that fast it had a little blood on end of its nose and when i skinned it of the only bruising was on its head were the bumper ad hit it.

Wouldn't it's foot be damaged if it kicked the bucket?

• Like 1