Buying

if you are going to buy a pup & when you get there you don't like the look of it or things don't feel right.

what excuses do you make??

cheers relic2

just tell the truth "your mrs has just given birth and you have to leave now" :laugh::laugh:

if you take one at the risk of offending them, you dont deserve to have the pup. Tell them the truth as has been stated, sorry mate, not what i'm looking for.

What you should be feeling when you see a litter of pups that your about to choose one from is "ohhhhhh, now then, how many can i have" :D , then you narrow it down to your final choice.

If the litter and conditions dont tick all the boxes friend, polightly decline and get from there.

You can decline without being rude or twatish about it.

• Like 5

Had this about 9 years ago the advert sounded right the lad on the phone made me think if I dint get one I would regret it, so set off to have a look at them..Feck me when I got there I have seen wild animals living in better conditions I just turned round and walked out the gate...two weeks later his advert was in the coumtrymans again..saying 5 pups left cos of time waisters yep the same 5 pups I seen two weeks before.

That's the good thing about the forum you can see picks of the pups and the sire and dam, at least that way you no weather to travel to have a look at them or not...imo

• Like 3

I was going to start this as a new topic, but might as well put it in here. If I am after a new pup mid January onwards where and when do I start looking.

Plenty available to go now from the usual places but ideally I want a litter in the next two or three weeks and finding that out is proving next to impossible.

The fact that I have seen at least one litter now that looks ideal doesn't help. I guess I should just resist the tempatation to look until I am ready?

Had this about 9 years ago the advert sounded right the lad on the phone made me think if I dint get one I would regret it, so set off to have a look at them..Feck me when I got there I have seen wild animals living in better conditions I just turned round and walked out the gate...two weeks later his advert was in the coumtrymans again..saying 5 pups left cos of time waisters yep the same 5 pups I seen two weeks before.

That's the good thing about the forum you can see picks of the pups and the sire and dam, at least that way you no weather to travel to have a look at them or not...imo

This is one of the reasons i dont travel all over the country when i want a pup, i used to do it when i were younger but i,v seen too much shite to do it anymore, believe half of what you see and non of what you hear [or read for that matter] when it comes to pups and never tell the breeder exactly what your after because he,ll have just what your looking for in his dark dirty shed at the bottom of his yard, not, buster.

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons i dont travel all over the country when i want a pup, i used to do it when i were younger but i,v seen too much Shiite to do it anymore, believe half of what you see and non of what you hear [or read for that matter] when it comes to pups and never tell the breeder exactly what your after because he,ll have just what your looking for in his dark dirty shed at the bottom of his yard, not, buster.

suppose its a gamble were you get a pup from, even if well bred you really never know how it will turn out.Could go to real good+clean set up, and the pup could be crap, or go dirty place and still get good pup. Alot use Hancock and by his stock, which was shit hole of a place, but as cleaned the place up of late, so you take your choise and hope for the best from either kennels . :yes:

if you are going to buy a pup & when you get there you don't like the look of it or things don't feel right.

what excuses do you make??

cheers relic2

tell him that his is one of a couple of litters you have arranged to view

I was going to start this as a new topic, but might as well put it in here. If I am after a new pup mid January onwards where and when do I start looking.

Plenty available to go now from the usual places but ideally I want a litter in the next two or three weeks and finding that out is proving next to impossible.

The fact that I have seen at least one litter now that looks ideal doesn't help. I guess I should just resist the tempatation to look until I am ready?

is there an echo in here :laugh:

• Like 1

is there an echo in here :laugh:

Technical issues my friend, apologies.

• Like 1