John Parks Terriers

My uncle had one it was mental hated me like only time I could grab it was when it gob were full there were a couple of pics a while back am sure

sounds like mine, it tunnels into anything and when you correct it it growls and gets worse lol. easily channel that aggression :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just afew old pics of JP'S LINE, taken early 60's to 70's and one of a black un ? sorry for the poor quality but i had to take a pic of a pic ?

Mr harcombe used the parks bred dog he had to produce the big ron dog then slated the parks dog but if you read on big ron in turn produced more workers for him and others on down the line without any

One of the few well know terrier men who keeps himself to himself and cares more for his dogs than fame money or rosettes he breeds for work some work some dont same as all the rest and i dont own a p

Posted Images

didnt jp put wheeler blood in is line .They dont look like the parks terriers of old from what ive seen

that would be spot on as id say the stanley dog is having an influence on the dogs he s breeding at the moment but i always classed a parks dog as a red broken coated fell type maybe in years to come is will be red smooth dogs but id say the red fell types still out number the smooth ones at the moment i was digging with a lad last week when he pulled a little red bitch out of the terrier box i says that has parks blood in it and when he told me where she came out of i was spot on she s not much to look at but i soon started to like her once we had dug her a fearless lttle tyke with a heart like a lion !

• Like 1

My mate is digging to a red dog with a lot of parks blood I think his lines go back to jps Stanley dog though ash1 would be more knowledgeable about the wee dog so don't quote me on it as I might be mistaken the first dog I've seen from this sort of stuff and for a wee dog he is game on his work I've had the pleasure of digging to him twice in his first season and he was bang on he is into his second season now and flying

Guest alcapone

Seen a few dogs out of stanley start strong but fail in their second season,think the wheeler blood will be his undoing from what ive seen. Ive an old parkes bred bitch here that goes right back to ray walkers simmey when JP used him,when put back to her own family produced working dogs,when put to stanley the entire litter failed,bitch is nearly 7yr old and been a decent enough bitch still going well.

• Like 1

didnt jp put wheeler blood in is line .They dont look like the parks terriers of old from what ive seen

that would be spot on as id say the stanley dog is having an influence on the dogs he s breeding at the moment but i always classed a parks dog as a red broken coated fell type maybe in years to come is will be red smooth dogs but id say the red fell types still out number the smooth ones at the moment i was digging with a lad last week when he pulled a little red bitch out of the terrier box i says that has parks blood in it and when he told me where she came out of i was spot on she s not much to look at but i soon started to like her once we had dug her a fearless lttle tyke with a heart like a lion !
Dee you wouldn't know this Wednesdays lotto numbers also :laugh:

Seen a few dogs out of stanley start strong but fail in their second season,think the wheeler blood will be his undoing from what ive seen. Ive an old parkes bred bitch here that goes right back to ray walkers simmey when JP used him,when put back to her own family produced working dogs,when put to stanley the entire litter failed,bitch is nearly 7yr old and been a decent enough bitch still going well.

unfortunately mate once you swipe that collar and enter them it's out of our hands im always willing to give them a fair chance that all we can do he either work or won't every thing deserve a chance maybe that's just my opinion if they all worked life be great but not so
  • Like 1

think the wheeler blood will be his undoing from what ive seen.

Lets hope its been an outcross that he can breed away from, I dont think J.P's stuff is suited to be crossed with bull saturated lines, didnt work with the Gould bred dogs that harcombe had, I see J.P's stuff as workers and the others as fighting types

• Like 3

Mr harcombe used the parks bred dog he had to produce the big ron dog then slated the parks dog but if you read on big ron in turn produced more workers for him and others on down the line without any mention of the original dog and to slate a certain line of dog on his limited experience of them was childish there s good and bad in all lines and mr harcombe well knows that he s bred failures like all the rest reguardless of what blood they had in there veins

• Like 6

Not that i heard he only ever had good words for the dog it was his sire the parks bred dog that did nt make it in the end as far as i know i could be wrong ! But thats the prob with books they only tell the tale until the day they are published were as you can only comment on a dogs ability either when there gone or retired as you never know whats round the corner ! Anyway this is veered of topic thread is about parks bred dogs not the opinion of mr harcombe and his books which contents should be taken with a pinch of salt

• Like 1

Maybe he could already see something in his dogs that he wasnt happy with.Im sure a man who had kept his own family of dogs relatively pure for as long as he had would of had good reason to bring a bitch bred the way cindy was as an outcross.

• Like 1