Linty Coat

I don't think you can do much other than pick them out each time mate, my dogs part beddy and he gets them stuck all the time too. Most will be gone in a month or so, it's a seasonal thing.

Get her used to being brushed too, it's miles quicker than by hand.

Linty coats can be a pain, not the best weather wise either, there will be balls of snow and ice hanging off her if we get a bad winter, do as tsteve says and get it used to a good brush, i do mine every week with a good brush i bought recently, although she,s not very linty, the amount of hair that came off her the first couple of times had to be seen to be believed, atb, buster.

If you have those big feck off sticky buds round your way be careful of them too. My dogs a sod for pulling them out himself and eating them. Last year he frightened the crap out of me by spewing up a bunch that was as big as my fist. Ever since I brush him as soon as I get back from a mooch, though touch wood I haven't seen many about this year.

Fine tooth comb and comb through after every walk, especially in summer - mine gets covered in them little sticky balls

not the big buds, these are tiny - she ends up with thousands all over her, pain to remove them by hand.

For winter get some mushers secret, as it can help with the snowballing when we have snow.

http://musherssecretwax.com/

I used to work in a grooming parlour many years ago and I know this wont particularly help, but if we stripped a dogs coat by hand or knife over a period of time the coat would keep more crisp/ wirey and tangle no where nearly as bad, using the electric thrive could cause some coats to become more whispy and prone to more knotting.

• Like 1