Regrets And Quick Decisions

As the title says lads we have all made quick spur of the moment decisions when it comes to our little dogs on my part personally inexperience was a big factor in my younger days getting rid of dogs or pts mostly young dogs thinking they where no good but a good friend yesterday coined the phrase it costs nothing to try them again and it started me thinking about dogs gone by and maybe one or two might have made the grade givin more time or a good rest or more time to mature you will never really know any lads had experiences where dogs have came good when they looked like certain failures

• Like 1

I'm sure every one has done something when I first started I had a 5 year old Lakeland butch and she really was the business under the turf but I wasn't for that then and only wanted a busher and she didn't do that so gave her to a lad who would use her but thinking back now I wish I never let the bitch go as she certainly done the job well just wish I knew when I was younger

The bitch died to ground a few years later unfortuntley in a big place which collapsed but that's how it goes I'm the game

Kick my self every day since as she would have made my entering into this game a lot better

Cheers Tom ;)

Edited by BIG TOM
  • Like 1

I'm sure every one has done something when I first started I had a 5 year old Lakeland butch and she really was the business under the turf but I wasn't for that then and only wanted a busher and she didn't do that so gave her to a lad who would use her but thinking back now I wish I never let the bitch go as she certainly done the job well just wish I knew when I was younger

The bitch died to ground a few years later unfortuntley in a big place which collapsed but that's how it goes I'm the game

Kick my self every day since as she would have made my entering into this game a lot better

Cheers Tom ;)

A pic of the said bitch null_zps2957aa8b.png

sounds a handy bitch Tom shame about her
  • Like 1

Decisions should never be made in the field as said costs nothing to try again if you find yourself thinking this is it go home put dog in kennell get your dinner relax go to bed if you still think strongly the next day then your thinking with clear head and then yes do what you have to do but a rash move in heat of the moment or out of bravado is stupid its a decision that has to be made time and time again in the digging game

• Like 9

Decisions should never be made in the field as said costs nothing to try again if you find yourself thinking this is it go home put dog in kennell get your dinner relax go to bed if you still think strongly the next day then your thinking with clear head and then yes do what you have to do but a rash move in heat of the moment or out of bravado is stupid its a decision that has to be made time and time again in the digging game

your right dee a clear head is needed or someone with a clear head beside you lol

this happen to me a number of weeks ago when a young dog was entered and he on hit right away i call the lads over from the road when they arrived the dog was on the bank the dog had met the fox ok all the signs were there but the fox never bolted in the end up we got him, and i was talked in to keeping the dog for another week cause the dog hadn't made a mistake until then, but as dee says relax take him home and think well thats what i did needles to say that dog will never set foot in a field again

I had a pup given me from a friend.19 month old ... slightly built and snipey... not really what i like but i was stuck for dogs at the time and she was welcome...she entered... 3 easy digs under her belt .. Then in good company 3 weeks later she hit the net as a big dog fox chased her out of a one holer and wasnt for going back lol we then dug it with a 12 month old pup she went back to the lad who bred her after lying and saying nothing was home a week later...for him to decide her fate ( he is in hunt service ) from the day he has had her back she hasn't missed a beat 2 + hour digs numerous bolts ... This is her third season with him ... I don't miss the noisey sod though... A mare in kennels ..one mans trash is another mans diamond.

Edited by Grinder

been there done it got the t shirt a couple of months ago got a phone call of the missus dogs gone mad raced home to find something out of the chain saw massacre blood everywhere dead terriers missus to frightened to move assessed the situation got the lead put the dog in the truck and went for a ride took her out walked across the field alongside the shit pit bang and it was all over buried it in the shit pit and went home to start the clean up , and i liked that dog she was a bloody good dog to me and i miss her but she overstepped the mark and theres no going back ,atb tops

• Like 1