Collie X

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foxes far tougher here - we need to shoot them before a dog gets anywhere near them..... Them Irish foxes are f****n gay.....

lads every one has there own thoughts on a good fox dog,i have seen 1 good collie grey i would call a good fox dog,the rest i seen were wankers twisting turning a fox inside out waiting for an easy sa

what about foxes ? id like to use it for foxes when im out lamping?

if your looking to do foxes i wouldnt go for a collie grey,unless you can get a pup from decent foxing parents,hard to get a good collie on foxes these days,id go for a collie/bull/grey or wheaten grey or some sort off mix off them,would be your best option pal.

what about foxes ? id like to use it for foxes when im out lamping?

if your looking to do foxes i wouldnt go for a collie grey,unless you can get a pup from decent foxing parents,hard to get a good collie on foxes these days,id go for a collie/bull/grey or wheaten grey or some sort off mix off them,would be your best option pal.

never stopped any collie x i had preban

• Like 1

Why it's only retrieving a shot dead Fox!... Any dog will do

we dont have to shoot them here.

Foxes far tougher here - we need to shoot them before a dog gets anywhere near them..... :laugh: Them Irish foxes are f****n gay..... :laugh:

the collie hound first cross is as good as any lurcher for fox,might not be a good hare dog but will lamp ,bush with terriers,ideal companion when your out ferretting and most will do any job you put them up to,i kept a first cross collie for years,she was as good as any bull greyhound,afraid of nothing,would kill foxes with ease,she lacked speed for a hare but would lamp all night and give you 100% on every run,i bred pups of her 3 years ago,put a good track greyhound to her to produce a 3/4 greyhound collie,the two bitches i kept ar fast enough for a hare ,good on the lamp and will take a fox no problem,loads of speed and still hold on to the collie intelligence, and works well with the terriers,where as a first cross bull greyhound can be a liability with other terriers and lurchers.

Edited by Derek1962
  • Like 2

Why it's only retrieving a shot dead Fox!... Any dog will do

we dont have to shoot them here.

Foxes far tougher here - we need to shoot them before a dog gets anywhere near them..... :laugh: Them Irish foxes are f****n gay..... :laugh:

the collie hound first cross is as good as any lurcher for fox,might not be a good hare dog but will lamp ,bush with terriers,ideal companion when your out ferretting and most will do any job you put them up to,i kept a first cross collie for years,she was as good as any bull greyhound,afraid of nothing,would kill foxes with ease,she lacked speed for a hare but would lamp all night and give you 100% on every run,i bred pups of her 3 years ago,put a good track greyhound to her to produce a 3/4 greyhound collie,the two bitches i kept ar fast enough for a hare ,good on the lamp and will take a fox no problem,loads of speed and still hold on to the collie intelligence, and works well with the terriers,where as a first cross bull greyhound can be a liability with other terriers and lurchers.

Thanks for that info - I'll take it on board if I'm ever gonna get into collie xs.......especially first xs....... :thumbs:

lads every one has there own thoughts on a good fox dog,i have seen 1 good collie grey i would call a good fox dog,the rest i seen were wankers twisting turning a fox inside out waiting for an easy safe pick when it should have been dead first turn then it gets away over a ditch,then when they catch leaving the fox go to try and get a safer hold to stay away from the teeth,you will get the odd collie to be a gem,the amount of collie that throw in towel after a few hard fox is to high.any man who chooses a collie for foxes over bull wheaten or derrhound cross needs his head looked at.

• Like 2