Sign in to follow this  
MarksmanHunter

What Cartridges And Chokes For Geese ... And Ducks?!?

Whats the length of the chamber in your gun? If it is a 3 inch chamber then for geese 36gm 1s or bbs if its is smaller chamber you might be best getting some bismuth, tungstan matrix or heavy shot in 1s through hald and full but if your using steel i wouldnt use anything more then 1/2 choke. Your best bet is take your gun to your nearest gun shop

and ask them to tell you what the chamber length is and ask what they reccomend.

Agreed Mik. 36 gram 5's will shoot geese every bit as far and every bit as dead as 56 gram 1's + faster onto the next bird due to less recoil. Anything short of full choke is for girls!!

• Like 2

If you want to use fox catridges for geese then that's up to you ....I would rather eat my geese

I shoot 2's, 1"s and bb at geese and fox imo they dont make a mess of geese, i wouldnt dream of shooting sgs at a fox or anything what a waste of a shot , they dont pattern at all, dont know why anyone would buy them. aaa do a good job tho.

BBs arnt fox carts!!!!!!!!!!! AAAs and SSGs are fox cartridges!!!!!!!!

ok its maybe that your shooting isn't up too much that you need to go for the heavier loads

• Like 1

nowt wrong with our shooting mate!!!!! we never have to chase a pricked bird round a field,when mine come down they are dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!