Whippet X Deerhound

I personally agree with all the above ! I had a dog turn up a few year back really didn't like the look of it ! My missis said give it a chance I did what a hell of a dog he was he later was invoked in an accident I didn't eat for a week and nearly gave the game up ! My point is looks for me are not everything I the same will always admire a good looking dog ! But this dog proved to me when I turned my nose up thinking great what's this I bonded and had possibly my best work mate I've had to be fair if someone had called him ugly I'd of been protective ! We put some game away and he really pushed the boundaries for me and my work in the field

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe this is a popular cross with heroin users.

i've seen all sorts make decent workers, some had short necks others cow hocks, some had turned out elbows others had all of the above and more but i always asked the question......how much better wou

got one and its the best we worker ive got never stops working got a head to big for its body somebody said it was a horrible we thing couldnt give a f--k how they look as long as they do what their

good thread just thinking back most sports .you get the out of the ordinary specimens ,which with all their lack of something that traditionist say are wrong ie.mick the miller racing greyhound wasnt up to scratch with its build but could run abit michael jordan to upright in his running technicue didnt loose many don bradman cricketer wrong stance all together told by experts all greats of their sports what i am saying imo these dogs athletes sports people arnt all beautifull specimens but what they have is natural abillity in abundance this you cant teach so looks take secondary place all dogs are beauties to someone.

If seen some horrific looking mutts do well, but if I'm honest most the good dogs I've seen have looked good as well, but these are working dogs, we should never forget that, yeah we all have preferences but they must work, and I personally want the best I cam have, after all I pick it's shit up, o feed it walk it and spend every minute away from me family either sorting them, sorting stuff for them or grafting them, I doubt my dogs care what I look like as I give them graft, as long as they graft to the best of there ability then I don't care if they look like bin tipping 3rd world mongrels, the old saying goes God loves a trier, not God loves a stunner lol I'm a fan of working dogs whatever the size shape or job,Im not a fan of vanity

Sound advice from the man in the cape and leotard :laugh::victory:

• Like 1

I,v seen some funny looking mutts catch Hares day in day out but on the other hand iv never seen a mule win the derby, i presume its the same when picking a pup and a young horse, you look to buy one thats got everything in the right place if your going to put years of work, food and shelter into them and then hope they perform in their chosen field, i wouldnt buy a minger hoping it would perform but i would buy a minger that was already doing the bizz, not that i ever have, just my tuppence worth, atb, buster.

i've seen all sorts make decent workers, some had short necks others cow hocks, some had turned out elbows others had all of the above and more but i always asked the question......how much better would they be if they'd been put together right in the first place?....how many would deliberately pick a pup with a fault?.....picking pups is hard enough with unknowns like stamina, wind, attitude, drive and strike,....... for me if its bred right it should have most of these to some degree so best go for conformation and pick a pup that looks right.....................looks can kill

• Like 4

i've seen all sorts make decent workers, some had short necks others cow hocks, some had turned out elbows others had all of the above and more but i always asked the question......how much better would they be if they'd been put together right in the first place?....how many would deliberately pick a pup with a fault?.....picking pups is hard enough with unknowns like stamina, wind, attitude, drive and strike,....... for me if its bred right it should have most of these to some degree so best go for conformation and pick a pup that looks right.....................looks can kill

I agree with that in principle but when I'm choosing a pup I'd always try to pick one with a temperament I like too. Not easy at the puppy stage as they often change as they get older.

I believe this is a popular cross with heroin users.

lol twat

You'd have to be on drugs to want one!

Or at least on drugs to breed and or consider one. If a good coyote dog fell in my lap and it was this cross I'd take but I damn sure wouldn't be lookin for one or breeding one.

I agree with that in principle but when I'm choosing a pup I'd always try to pick one with a temperament I like too. Not easy at the puppy stage as they often change as they get older.

Exactly, you have to pick what please's YOUR eye, as well as temperament, my choice, if every thing else is equal, would be the happy'st pup in the litter, i do find life [and training] easyer with a happy tail wagger, atb, buster.